The Student Room Group

Ecstasy side effects??

I waswondering if anyone could give me some advice, I know theres already an ecstasy thread doin the rounds but my prob is that I took ecstasy twice in the last 3 weeks, for the first times and ever since I've been experiencing weird sensations in my head, particularly mytemples, its as if my brain is spasming, its really weird and im not sure what to do, if its related or just a coincidence?
Any help is appreciated
xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
defo coincidence!!
dont worry about it, i remember my first come down lasting a good 3 or 4 days
just leave it for abit, dont take any pills for a few weeks and you will be fine!
Reply 2
jonsi
defo coincidence!!

Unless this poster has medical training I'd be cautious of using his advice to stop any concerns you may have.

Just to be sure I'd get some advice from NHS Direct or FRANK (http://www.talktofrank.com/talktofrank/).
Reply 3
louise28k
I waswondering if anyone could give me some advice, I know theres already an ecstasy thread doin the rounds but my prob is that I took ecstasy twice in the last 3 weeks, for the first times and ever since I've been experiencing weird sensations in my head, particularly mytemples, its as if my brain is spasming, its really weird and im not sure what to do, if its related or just a coincidence?
Any help is appreciated
xx
Well that was particularly stupid of you. Serves you right IMO.
Reply 4
play_the_world
Well that was particularly stupid of you. Serves you right IMO.

I was asking for advice, not criticism. I will specify when I want criticism
Reply 5
louise28k
I was asking for advice, not criticism. I will specify when I want criticism

You've been honest and you're looking for advice so the before comment about "you deserve it imo" was uncalled for.

It doesn't sound particularly connected however I could be wrong. With stuff like ecstacy if your going to take it try not to overdo it.

I have a friend that triple dropped her first time and now she just munches more and more and gets so bad her eyes roll back in her head and stuff.

Moderation is the key and if you feel paranoid about it then maybe you shouldn't be doing it.
Reply 6
toxic shock?
Reply 7
The Fluff
You've been honest and you're looking for advice so the before comment about "you deserve it imo" was uncalled for.

Well actually, I believe it was perfectly called for. This person needs to wake up to the dangers immediately (but it has obviously required these nasty side affects to occur first, before she even starts thinking about it) and stop taking them, for her own sake. I think what made me say 'you deserve it' was because to me, taking her post as evidence, it appeared that she was still not thinking of giving it up. Recreational drug users- and alcoholics, for that matter- really annoy me (I don't know if you can tell). They waste the nhs' time and the taxpayers' money with their selfish habits when they get ill.
Reply 8
louise28k
Any help is appreciated
xx

the only side effects is that you could die, but thats all nothing DRASTIC so i think your safe to take one again :yy:
Reply 9
play_the_world
Recreational drug users- and alcoholics, for that matter- really annoy me (I don't know if you can tell). They waste the nhs' time and the taxpayers' money with their selfish habits when they get ill.

Well i consider myself to be a recreational drug user, I don't do it to excess but I've never had any issues. However I know my limits. And besides the actual chance of dying from MDMA is about as possible as being struck by lightning twice. And as for the alcoholism comment do you think these people *choose* to be alcoholics? No.

IMO I think you haven't got all the facts. It's an age old theory that in order to have a valued and honest opinion you have to see things from both sides of the coin or your argument is worthless.
I hope you enjoyed it.
If you want advice from people who know more about drugs than THEY ARE BAD AND YOU WILL DIE OMG you could try the forum at www.shroomery.org - ask if anyone has had similar problems.
Reply 11
In no way am I promoting drug use. I'm just saying it's a bit of a....moral panic. In some respects.

Good place to get honest advice about drugs is

http://www.thesite.org

their drugs boards and their factsheets are really good.
The Fluff
Well i consider myself to be a recreational drug user, I don't do it to excess but I've never had any issues.
"I've never had any issues". Lol. What about when you do?! Will you then decide enough is enough? You're making the same mistakes as druggies have for years and years. In the end, I'm sure almost all would agree (except, perhaps, the in-denial druggies themselves) that drug abuse never leads the way to a happy and fulfilled life. Learn from these peoples' experiences and start to take some responsibility for yourself.
The Fluff
However I know my limits. And besides the actual chance of dying from MDMA is about as possible as being struck by lightning twice. And as for the alcoholism comment do you think these people *choose* to be alcoholics? No.
No-one forces a drink into their hands. The same goes for drug addicts. Btw, I bet these people thought they "knew their limits" too.

The Fluff
IMO I think you haven't got all the facts. It's an age old theory that in order to have a valued and honest opinion you have to see things from both sides of the coin or your argument is worthless.
I quite agree with your age-old theory. Who wouldn't? However, how would you know if I not tried to see things from both sides? I have and my previous post reflects my opinion and judgement on the matter. True, it didn't take me long to reach that view point! I would be interested to know what you believe this 'other side of the coin' is though. Come on, let's hear your defense for unnecessary and selfish behaviour that creates more than just costs for the individual, but negatively affects the lives of others too. Apart from the comments I made previously about costs in time and money to the nhs etc, drug abuse fuels criminal acts and funds and encourages terroism. Those are facts, do you deny them?
Reply 13
louise28k
Any help is appreciated
xx

Don't worry, they're most likely completely unconnected. It might be a result of tripping (i noticed lights looking a lot more.. lighty after some sessions). Are you a particularly paranoid person? It might be that as a result of having done pills, you're looking for your body to be doing weird things.

If it concerns you, go to a Doc (obviously). But from my point of view, it's coincidence. Do you have many friends that drop? Talk to them, see if they've ever experienced anything like you. Other users are a great reference point because they can tell you if what's happening is completely abnormal.

Good luck and take care. :smile:
[QUOTE=play_the_world No-one forces a drink into their hands.

Nobody forces an anorexic to starve themselves either, or a bulimic to binge and then throw up. They do it because they have a disorder; alcoholism is the same. There is a difference between an alcoholic and a heavy drinker who likes to go out on the town and get plastered every night; they can probably stop drinking if they want to, whereas alcoholics can't without help. Your point about selfishness might be valid for the former, but it isn't for the latter.

To the OP: sorry, got a little off topic there; I can't really help you much because I don't know much about ecstasy beyond the usual stuff they tell you at school. It might, as other people have said, be worth talking to someone who will give you impartial medical advice - you want someone who you can be completely honest with about why you're worried, who won't lecture you about drug use; perhaps NHS direct or similar.
play_the_world
Well actually, I believe it was perfectly called for. This person needs to wake up to the dangers immediately (but it has obviously required these nasty side affects to occur first, before she even starts thinking about it) and stop taking them, for her own sake. I think what made me say 'you deserve it' was because to me, taking her post as evidence, it appeared that she was still not thinking of giving it up. Recreational drug users- and alcoholics, for that matter- really annoy me (I don't know if you can tell). They waste the nhs' time and the taxpayers' money with their selfish habits when they get ill.

I'm tempted to agree but where do you draw the line? Do fat people fall into this category? What about people who consciously put themselves under stress eg. doctors? What about people who play dangerous sports? etc. etc.
Reply 16
OMFG DRUGS R EVIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Seriously I wouldn't worry at all, I doubt they're at all connected and you've made the connection in your head.

I am so sick of having the same conversation on here over and over again, but taking drugs does not make you an addict, in the same way that drinking alcohol does not make you an alcoholic. I took ecstasy 2 weeks ago for example, and I haven't taken anything since, including alcohol, and haven't wanted to. Thousands of people do it in moderation and a small number will become addicted, as with alcohol, quit being so judgemental
Reply 17
play_the_world

I hate how people are so rude in these posts, I asked for advice from people, clearly you have none to give so why even bother posting?? If i wanted ur un-informed opinion on the rights and wrongs of taking drugs then I would have asked.
As for 'she is still not thinking of giving it up' what has led you to make that assumption? you dont know anything about me.
As for the recreational drug use comment, it is actually a fact that alcoholism and binge drinking, along with what goes along with that-street brawls etc etc costs the NHS much more than drug use so please check your facts before making un-informed judgements on things you know nothing about.
You are probably one of those annoying people that actually know nothing and simply recall what they learnt in an hour's PSE lesson at school about drug use. These lessons are taught by art/PE/music teachers who know nothing about what they are talking about and being as the curriculum is set by the government most of it is propaganda, along with government run websites such as talk to frank.
So please if you have nothing constrictive to say regarding the original post then please dont waste your time typing and my time having to read your rubbish.
It is unlikely that you would feel any serious side effects at this point. The two are most likely unconnected, as the aftereffects are much more psychological in nature (i.e. depression etc.) but that is usually resolved within a week of taking it.

It does have eventual detrimental effects to the serotonin receptors in the brain (according to research) but even this occurs after serious long term usage (regularly over several months).

Statistically, you are more likely to die from mis-prescribed penicillin.
Reply 19
play_the_world
"I've never had any issues". Lol. What about when you do?! Will you then decide enough is enough? You're making the same mistakes as druggies have for years and years. In the end, I'm sure almost all would agree (except, perhaps, the in-denial druggies themselves) that drug abuse never leads the way to a happy and fulfilled life. Learn from these peoples' experiences and start to take some responsibility for yourself. No-one forces a drink into their hands. The same goes for drug addicts. Btw, I bet these people thought they "knew their limits" too.

I quite agree with your age-old theory. Who wouldn't? However, how would you know if I not tried to see things from both sides? I have and my previous post reflects my opinion and judgement on the matter. True, it didn't take me long to reach that view point! I would be interested to know what you believe this 'other side of the coin' is though. Come on, let's hear your defense for unnecessary and selfish behaviour that creates more than just costs for the individual, but negatively affects the lives of others too. Apart from the comments I made previously about costs in time and money to the nhs etc, drug abuse fuels criminal acts and funds and encourages terroism. Those are facts, do you deny them?

how did i know a post like this was coming along :rolleyes: your views are predictable and unnecessary.

Latest

Trending

Trending