The Student Room Group

How are you revising for the exam tomorrow?! (Edexcel History)

Hey, just wondering how everybody is going about revising for the history exam tomorrow...

I'm finding making timelines really useful, (Hitler and Mussolini)... what helps you?
Reply 1
Hitler an Mussolini sounds more interesting than Civil Rights / USA in Asia!

Just reading main parts of the text book really. Also trying to watch a documentary on the Korean war, but it's the most boring thing I have ever seen, I can't concentrate!
Reply 2
Original post by NyLonEd
Hitler an Mussolini sounds more interesting than Civil Rights / USA in Asia!

Just reading main parts of the text book really. Also trying to watch a documentary on the Korean war, but it's the most boring thing I have ever seen, I can't concentrate!

I'm doing USA in Asia too. I literally crapping myself about exam technique - just paranoid as to whether I could write in the way that examiners see fit.
Reply 3
Original post by W.H.T
I literally crapping myself about exam technique - just paranoid as to whether I could write in the way that examiners see fit.

Same!
(There's no point in being modest about these things) I'm a damn good writer unless I'm in an exam, then I turn into a dumbass that doesn't know a thing or how to write. My exam technique is terrible :frown:

I have no idea how they expect us to write two good essays in less than an hour and a half!
One maybe, but no way two.

The only thing I could say is don't waste time on an intro and at the end of each paragraph bring it back to the Q.
Reply 4
What do you do for exam technique?, im doing OCR though

thanks
Reply 5
Original post by NyLonEd
Same!
(There's no point in being modest about these things) I'm a damn good writer unless I'm in an exam, then I turn into a dumbass that doesn't know a thing or how to write. My exam technique is terrible :frown:

I have no idea how they expect us to write two good essays in less than an hour and a half!
One maybe, but no way two.

The only thing I could say is don't waste time on an intro and at the end of each paragraph bring it back to the Q.

Cheers, I'm going to go off to revise again. Wish you well!
Reply 6
Writing notes. Throwing them away. Writing notes. Throwing them away. Typing notes.

Quick Reply

Latest