The Student Room Group

Sussex? And vs. Exeter?

OK, having heard that Exeter are likely to give 3A offers, I'm slightly put off applying there as I'm applying to York as well, and don't really want to apply to two places which will potentially offer AAA. So I was just wondering whether anyone has had or knows anyone who has any experience of English at Sussex and how they found it? Or just the university in general. I've got about an hour to decide between the two before I send off my UCAS form (for the second time!) so any input would be really helpful- thanks!
Apply to Exeter - it's bloody gorgeous and I'll be there :biggrin:
Reply 2
What's the difference between the courses? Where would you like to go? Have you visited either? I know that the Sussex course is quite modern...don't know if that will help you or not. Good luck with your decision. xx
Sussex is nicer, imo. they're similar campuses but there's much more going on in Brighton that Exeter.
Reply 4
Sussex has the usual greenbelt campus, its nice enough. Its right next to Brighton so you got some good nightlife and all that there. I was going to go there till I went round it and found the prospect of going to university there as a minority daunting.
However, when I say minority, I mean people coming from north of the m25.
Reply 5
sussex uni has a lovely campus, i have a friend there and she's loving it...and brighton is a great place to be. the english course there looks really interesting too.
I haven't seen Sussex, so I can't comment, but Exeter is gorgeous.
Reply 7
susiemakemeblue
I haven't seen Sussex, so I can't comment, but Exeter is gorgeous.

:dito:. Yup, it is! But Sussex is meant to be really nice too. Look at the courses and see which one you prefer
Reply 8
I went to both on open days, and although Sussex was, well, nice I suppose, I didn't get that good a feel for it and I couldn't imagine spending 3 years of my life there. Exeter, though, had a really great atmosphere (however cheesy that may sound) and I really loved it. Really only you can decide because you'll be looking for different things.
Reply 9
Thanks for all the advice :smile: I went for Exeter in the end; I've been there and know I wouldn't mind spending three years there which I don't know about Sussex... Everything else was pretty level pegging so it was a bit of a 'right, it's 10:30. I haven't changed it back to Sussex for about 20 minutes so I'm going to chose Exeter' decision :P (And I'm more likely to get rejected making the final decision so much easier :wink:)
joolux05
I was going to go there till I went round it and found the prospect of going to university there as a minority daunting.
However, when I say minority, I mean people coming from north of the m25.

Exeter is not much different. It still rocks though! And I know someone who does English and really likes it.

Latest

Trending

Trending