The Student Room Group

Mango sizing

Can anyone tell me about Mango's sizing? I want to buy a dress in a 14 but I'm worried it might be a little small (I'm borderline) and I can't find any info on their site about their sizes.

Do they tend to come up small? I so want this dress :frown:

EDIT BY CT:

Mango size guide is here: https://www.debenhams.com/content/Mango-sizing
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Just buy it, if it doesn't fit take it back and find a better one :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jenny237
Just buy it, if it doesn't fit take it back and find a better one :smile:

I'm buying online and there is no mango store anywhere near me, and its not like I want to find a 'better one'. I want this specific dress.
I thought this was either going to be either about actual mangos or a euphemism for boobs...

Well if you buy it online then there's a chance that it may fit...if you don't buy it then you'll never know :dontknow: I'd say go for it.

EDIT: Or check the measurements it gives on the website and compare them to your own...
Oops, just read the OP again :rolleyes: I'll have a look for you and see if I can spot anything.
(edited 13 years ago)
I thought this was going to be about sizing up mango's :mmm:
Reply 6

Hmm thanks, although it seems to make no sense. Apparently I'm a UK size 34 - what on earth does that mean? Weirdest tables ever!

Edit: Oh I was looking at mens :facepalm2:

Edit2: It looks like it's JUST my size, so lets hope, I might just have to keep it as an incentive to lose weight! :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by fran.ha
Hmm thanks, although it seems to make no sense. Apparently I'm a UK size 34 - what on earth does that mean? Weirdest tables ever!

Edit: Oh I was looking at mens :facepalm2:

Edit2: It looks like it's JUST my size, so lets hope, I might just have to keep it as an incentive to lose weight! :p:

From the brief glance I took, the table did seem pretty weird! Fingers crossed it fits you, they have some lovely stuff on their website.
Reply 8
14 is XL.
Don't feel cr@ppy. They do S - 8 M - 10 L - 12... I was a bit disappointed to find them like this, put me off no matter how nice the clothes.
Reply 9
Original post by >Anna<
From the brief glance I took, the table did seem pretty weird! Fingers crossed it fits you, they have some lovely stuff on their website.

They really do, I have a mango skirt from years back which is a size 14 and its really small :frown: But this is a dress with looser hips so hopefully it'll be OK. I hate not being able to fit into shops like that :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by bumbles
14 is XL.
Don't feel cr@ppy. They do S - 8 M - 10 L - 12... I was a bit disappointed to find them like this, put me off no matter how nice the clothes.

LARGE? 12? SERIOUSLY? I guess its cos its a European shop - designed for all those skinny continental women :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by fran.ha
LARGE? 12? SERIOUSLY? I guess its cos its a European shop - designed for all those skinny continental women :frown:

I know. The thought of my French exchange depresses me no end.

I too am a 14 and when shopping the other week - not been in Mango in aaaages - went for a medium, thought no way :frown:. The large still looked small and then I was greeted with XL, completely soul destroying.

I think the website only does S-L but you could email them? They must have it in the warehouse.
Reply 12
Original post by bumbles
I know. The thought of my French exchange depresses me no end.

I too am a 14 and when shopping the other week - not been in Mango in aaaages - went for a medium, thought no way :frown:. The large still looked small and then I was greeted with XL, completely soul destroying.

I think the website only does S-L but you could email them? They must have it in the warehouse.

The dress is sold in UK sizes (so I can buy a 14) - I just wanted to know what the conversion was like because I know shops like Mango and Zara are always ridiculously small in comparison to other stores.
Mango charge you to return stuff though...to Barcelona :curious: so be careful. I had to do it recently and by squashing everything into a smaller parcel it came to around £7. In the original box it would have been £27!
I don't see any pictures of mangoes. :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by fran.ha

There is sth like that, I'm from the continent and in the UK I wear size 6 and I'm constantly told I'm too skinny. In my country, I'm just an average size and weight, perhaps on the thin side but its considered normal. So strange, but you can't please everyone, so who cares what they say :smile:

Quick Reply