The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accommodation question - living nearby

Hey there,
I'm looking into going to Warwick University and I have a question about the accommodation.
Basically, I live about 30 minutes away from the university (roughly 11/12 miles) but there are no direct buses/trains anywhere near the university.
I want to apply to live on-campus, because of the transportation problems but also because I don't want to stay at home during university (for a few reasons).
I'm just wondering, will I still be able to apply for accommodation?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Yes you certainly will. Most first years get accommodation and the principles they prioritise it on are here -

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/10/allocation10

No mention of being bumped down the list just because you live nearby. I think there are usually a good handful of people who live on campus despite being local, if only for the experience of living with their peers rather than their parents.

PS if ever you did want to travel in it's not that far to walk from Canley station.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thank you very much. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to (living on site is a must for me).
Hopefully I will get the grades to get in, can't wait :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending