The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3 Mass Media

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
soooo what did everyone get? i gt "B". was quite shocked bcuz i didnt think i'll get that high
Reply 21
Got an A was so shocked!
Reply 22
Original post by Limeey
9 mark was pretty simple assuming I understood the q right, I put pathetic and pitiable like during telethons for charity when they play the tearjerker music and so on when a disabled person tells their story, 2nd point was disabed portrayed as evil/negative even in children films like Captain Hook (lol) and gave an example of Eastenders character, 3rd was sexuality point about homosexuals being predatory, sexually active and so on and I used example of the tv series Lip Service.

18 mark I'll be lucky if I got into double figures :colondollar: The Item C basically made 1 point that children even from vvery young are using all types of traditional/new media so I couldn't get much out of that and I knew little about that topic in general in regards to age and how they use the media. What sort stuff you guys include?

33 mark I chose the pluralist question and I think that went alright, just made sure to counter every pluralist point with a corresponding Marxist point and tried to give examples and include studies when relevant.

what exactly were the questions? cause i'm sitting the june exam and i'm trying to predict what won't come up so i can revise it a little less
Reply 23
I am struggling with revision for this, can anyone offer any tips?
Reply 24
Yeah im struggling also, can you people please post any mass media notes that you have PLEASEEE
Reply 25
*Dies*

Anyone know what to do for this, I have no clue about the exam technique. :frown:
Reply 26
Revision - just remember the names of studies and get arguments from both sides of the perspective when you're writing answers, especially with the 33 mark question. Look up some recent news items (it just takes a couple of minutes going on the BBC news website) and when you get into the exam you could link stories with a couple of topics. Remember to read the question at least twice when you get into the exam because you don't want to be making silly mistakes! Try not to be vague in your introduction and get straight to the point with theories etc because you don't want to waste time. This is general advice as the exam is tomorrow so good luck to those taking it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending