The Student Room Group

Aqa biology unit 2 gcse official thread

Scroll to see replies

For the embryo screening diadvantages and advantages I wasn't thinking and wasted about 5 minutes staring at the question thinking about what I was going to write. I think thats why I didn't have enough time to check.
Reply 81
Original post by Extricated
The sweating question asked WHY sweating happens or did it ask HOW it happens?

I'm sure it said HOW, please be how, please be how.
Reply 82

Again, this was poorly worded. I decided to be on the safe side and write down both.
Reply 83
Original post by Mystic Creature
For the why 50% of them are female, I am pretty sure it's because half have Xy and half have XX, NO?

Yes thats the correct answer, but due to meiosis. Oh Gosh do unhappy got that wrong aswell as many other :/
Reply 84
Original post by GIR
Again, this was poorly worded. I decided to be on the safe side and write down both.

So you think, for the 50% one, by me having said only girls would inherit the breast cancer MAY get me a mark?
Reply 85
what happens if you wrote 1.5 for that insulin question?
Original post by king101
yeh thats correct 3 units more, i bet all three marks on that question for just answer..

LOOOL yupp probably :P
King101 - stop worrying! Leave it in the hands of God - and pray you get a decent grade! You'll have got an A* :wink:
Reply 88
Original post by king101
Yes thats the correct answer, but due to meiosis. Oh Gosh do unhappy got that wrong aswell as many other :/

Can you explain this to me? Isn't it all down to chance?

king101
So you think, for the 50% one, by me having said only girls would inherit the breast cancer MAY get me a mark?

Maybe. I'm not sure, sorry.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by Don'tNod
I'm sure it said HOW, please be how, please be how.

Well it dosent matter, if it was how or why... its really the same thing.

Why; Evaporate, cooling you down
How; Evaporate (1), and if u right cool down (1)=(2)
Reply 90
Original post by whyisthatcrazy
For the embryo screening diadvantages and advantages I wasn't thinking and wasted about 5 minutes staring at the question thinking about what I was going to write. I think thats why I didn't have enough time to check.

What did you write down eventually?

I wrote:
pos: child is healthy
reduced number of people with that allele in the gene pool

neg: expensive
embryos are discarded - don't they have a right to live?
mother might succumb to infection after the operation

conclusion: I argued for it because...:blah:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by jyotiv

How did you get 1.5... no that would be wrong its 3 units more
Reply 92
was the answer for the cells question 'there was less water in the cells'?
Original post by jyotiv

Hmm a couple of friends wrote that too. If luck is on your side, you might get 1 mark because you didn't get the right answer and you didn't use the right numbers, but the method you used was right. So yh proabably 1 out of 3 :|
Original post by jyotiv

I wrote this before I corrected it. You probably were thinking of reducing it to 10 instead of 7 which was the best level whereas 10 was the maximum level. You would see in the key it said the thick line was the best value which was at 7. The instructions also said that for every 2 above the best value add on unit.
You probably got that one wrong for just not reading the question carefully.
Reply 95
Original post by TheFootyKing19
King101 - stop worrying! Leave it in the hands of God - and pray you get a decent grade! You'll have got an A* :wink:

Thx :smile:.. But I hope... you are mr.clever though xD and im not so bright in biology urgh lol
Reply 96
Original post by GIR
Can you explain this to me? Isn't it all down to chance?

Sure :smile:. Meiosis basicaly produces gamets... sperm and egg, and when they fuse its a 50% chance girl or boy lol. thats all too it lol as they got same number of chromosomes in each cell being 24 when fused 46.

Maybe. I'm not sure, sorry.

Answer above in red^^
Aaargghhh Chem on Monday and then Physics on Wednesday :frown: And these last two weeks have been full of mocks too for me :frown: BLEAK days :/
Original post by jyotiv
was the answer for the cells question 'there was less water in the cells'?

i wrote this however a lot of my friends had very different answers. Its probably one of those answers where there are a whole list of possabilities.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99

I think it said what causes an increase in sweat production. I mentioned that the sweat glands relax, and also more water moves to cells to be evaporated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending