The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You resurrected a two and a half year old thread to post that ****?

OH LAWD LET THERE BE NEGS
Original post by Rich norwich
Yes toning is real.for example.a male doing 8 reps at a high weight will rip his muscle causing them to grow,ie, build muscle.where as a woman may use a manageable weight for 20 reps and not tear the muscle as the man had....she will then be toning her muscle. Take mo Farrah vs Tyson gay ! As for the belt of course it tightens the core, you probably won't get huge definition,because I don't imagine it's the same kind of stimulant as a crunch,but I don't know for sure. Fat can 100% not be removed by the belt! fat comes of you're body wherever it chooses!it cannot be targeted !the last place it will go is abs /love handles ,the very last place being lower abs. Diet loses fat ,high protein, low carb eating every 2.5 hours.

After reading that, I want to punch you in the face.
Reply 42
Original post by Rich norwich
Yes toning is real.for example.a male doing 8 reps at a high weight will rip his muscle causing them to grow,ie, build muscle.where as a woman may use a manageable weight for 20 reps and not tear the muscle as the man had....she will then be toning her muscle. Take mo Farrah vs Tyson gay ! As for the belt of course it tightens the core, you probably won't get huge definition,because I don't imagine it's the same kind of stimulant as a crunch,but I don't know for sure. Fat can 100% not be removed by the belt! fat comes of you're body wherever it chooses!it cannot be targeted !the last place it will go is abs /love handles ,the very last place being lower abs. Diet loses fat ,high protein, low carb eating every 2.5 hours.

U wot m8

Oh lawdy lawdy not sheriff srs.

Arturo Bandini
x

HERE COMES THE NEG TRAIN

no i am disabled ****ing ********!!!!!!
Original post by JohnC2211
You cannot spot reduce fat.

If you're reading this 2 years later then you're wrong.
Reply 45
Wow so much bull****,

To have any muscle grow it needs stimulation, not strictly resistance either, its about fatigue and using as many fibers in that muscle, muscles dont know the weight you lift, they only know how much tension, so if the current / setting is tensing the muscle fully it will develop
Original post by JohnC2211
You cannot spot reduce fat.

While using a slendertone MAY give your abs a workout, you will not be able to see them if you have a layer of fat covering them.

Slender tone WILL NOT reduce body fat, only tone your muscles.

So like you said, you have a bit of a belly. You will most likely not notice much difference.

Can confirm i was slender and toned
Reply 47
or you can stop being lazy and work abs 10 mins a day with some cardio
Reply 48
Original post by int92
u cant ****ing tone a muscle!!!!!!!!

for it to have any effect the muscle will have to grow, which it wont cos theres no proper stimulation.

your wrong you can tone a muscle, done 3 years of sports and fitness at college and I can guarantee you can define and tone your abs.
Original post by ArranX
your wrong you can tone a muscle, done 3 years of sports and fitness at college and I can guarantee you can define and tone your abs.

Bumping a ~1 year old thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slendertone is useless if anyones interested

Original post by ArranX

You can't tone or define a muscle. You get more defined by losing fat and/or building more muscle. Toning isn't a thing either. :smile:

Latest