The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh I wish I knew about this last year :frown:
Reply 41
micky022
I don't know, but something tells me no. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's for state schools, since private schools are more privileged anyways with regards to universities. I could be wrong, you'd have to check at www.ox.ac.uk/uniq

no no no you're absolutely right. I got an e-mail from Oxford University themselves confirming this. I am so annoyed - private schools are clearly NOT priviledged if their university applicants can't get the same benefits that state schools are getting. :mad:

What happened to Oxbridge treating everyone equally. God, some universities are so full of it! haha
airey_head
no no no you're absolutely right. I got an e-mail from Oxford University themselves confirming this. I am so annoyed - private schools are clearly NOT priviledged if their university applicants can't get the same benefits that state schools are getting. :mad:

What happened to Oxbridge treating everyone equally. God, some universities are so full of it! haha

Well, to be honest, a great deal of the programme is to give pupils an experience of university life they may not get otherwise - I, for instance, don't know any adults who went straight from school to uni.

Public schools are also much less prepared to submit pupils to Oxbridge, and even the very few that apply, state schools have little to offer in terms of support/help for interviews or testing.
Reply 43
airey_head

Riiighhht yes clearly you're the one at the disadvantage. :rolleyes:
I'm applying for Law and History :smile:
Are all your personal statements the same as a proper personal statement would be?
My Statement's still 400 characters over the limit. I might just remove all the spaces, and submit that.
micky022
Mine was about 800 under or something. 'I love Law. Yeah, err, that's it. Did I do good?'

I wish I had that many words left :tongue:. Mine is about 4 under, and even that basically cut out loads of stuff and all the nice touches to it. I'm really displeased with it now :s.
micky022
So am I :yep:

:five: I need to get going on my personal statement soon :o:
Reply 49
Anyone who applied for English Lit, what sort of stuff did you put on your application?
Orwell
Anyone who applied for English Lit, what sort of stuff did you put on your application?

I was about to ask the same thing, to be honest.
Reply 51
Anyone else going to apply for maths?? :o: :biggrin:
me(:

I've never even contemplated it. :p:
Reply 53
Bossa Nova
I've never even contemplated it. :p:

:eek:
me(:
:eek:

:rofl:
me(:

I might put it as my reserve. Or probably just leave the reserve blank, actually.
has anybody applied for biology????????????or biochemistry??????
goodboy4444
has anybody applied for biology????????????or biochemistry??????

I am going to apply! What did you get at gcse and what sort of things did you put in your personal statement?
walesisthebest
I am going to apply! What did you get at gcse and what sort of things did you put in your personal statement?

I am an international student ,studying in a uk state school.i did my GCSE equivalent exams in india and got these grades

BIOLOGY-A*
CHEMISTRY-A*
PHYSICS-A*
HISTORY-A
GEOGRAPHY-A*
CIVICS-A*
ECONOMICS-A*
MATHS-B
ENGLISH-B
SANSKRIT-B

currently i am doing Biology,Chemistry,Economics and Maths at AS level.

In your P.S just write y do you want to go to summer school and y have u applied to this course and DO NOT mention about your extra activities as you only have 300-400 words to play around and if take like 200 word saying that you have done this and that u are just going to waste your words and they only want you there for like a week and what they want to know is that if you enjoy the subject u study.If you have done something like lab placement or feild work THAN it is useful to say but saying that you enjoy playing football is not that important.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
and you can join the facebook group for this summer school.
I don't understand, where does it say 400 word limit? I see 2000 word limit :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending