The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by TheLittleOne16
I'm still waiting...but the postman has trouble finding my house so I could get it in a month when he remembers the house exists... O.o waiting is killing me.

Hope you hear soon. Good luck!

You live in a lighthouse?
prathiba rai
I was stupid to apply for medicine. Despite having 10A* and 2As at GCSEs and going to a state school, I didnt fit any of the other criteria they were looking for.
Should have applied for Biomed or biochemistry but oh well.
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Where do you live, in the middle of the ocean? Ha.

Good luck to you too!

Haha, that would be cool. No I live in the middle of a forest - nearly as bad. Plus the driveway looks live a dirt road so no one knows it's a driveway! Come on postman!! Grr...he's going to be scared when I jump on him.

Reply 1084
Original post by Bigbatman274877
I was stupid to apply for medicine. Despite having 10A* and 2As at GCSEs and going to a state school, I didnt fit any of the other criteria they were looking for.

Neither do I :frown:
But my letter hasn't come yet
Original post by Bigbatman274877

what good would bio med or biochem got you?

nothing lol

to apply to medicine you only need to be interested in medicine

i got rejected which much lower grades
Original post by cz100
You live in a lighthouse?

Haha, no a forest :s-smilie: (in a house, though)
I don't mind TBH, although I fit nearly all of the criteria, maybe my grades were too low, and my school is way too good.
So it seems that I'm the only one doing Earth Sciences, but did anyone else get in for any of the course than run 24 - 29 July?
Haha, that would be cool. No I live in the middle of a forest - nearly as bad. Plus the driveway looks live a dirt road so no one knows it's a driveway! Come on postman!! Grr...he's going to be scared when I jump on him.

Truly jealous, sounds lovely! Want to live in the middle of nowhere. Though must be annoying when waiting for important post!! I might just run and find the postman then steal all the mail. Get here quicker!
Original post by tehforum
I don't mind TBH, although I fit nearly all of the criteria, maybe my grades were too low, and my school is way too good.

your grades were?:s-smilie:
Original post by cz100
Neither do I :frown:
But my letter hasn't come yet

At least we still have two days of blissful ignorance :wink:

(I don't think it would come tomorrow, Saturday most likely...)
I have been accepted for Physical Sciences! :smile:
Reply 1093
Original post by sixthformer
what good would bio med or biochem got you?

nothing lol

to apply to medicine you only need to be interested in medicine

i got rejected which much lower grades

I'm interested in medicine but I applied for biomed and biochem as they have higher success rates. My personal statement was actually medicine related!
Truly jealous, sounds lovely! Want to live in the middle of nowhere. Though must be annoying when waiting for important post!! I might just run and find the postman then steal all the mail. Get here quicker!

It is, except, like you say, when the postman is driving you insane!!

THAT is an extremely good plan, my friend! You can always give the rest of the post back afterwards... :biggrin:
Rejected for maths. Yay :frown:
It is, except, like you say, when the postman is driving you insane!!

THAT is an extremely good plan, my friend! You can always give the rest of the post back afterwards... :biggrin:

Ah the post just came, didn't get in. Rather underwhelming. Still, good luck to you, go steal that post!
Reply 1097
Original post by medbh4805
10 min from the border with donegal :awesome:

aka very far west

Where abouts you from? I'm 50 minutes away from donegal!
Ah the post just came, didn't get in. Rather underwhelming. Still, good luck to you, go steal that post!

=/

i am too shy to go summer school, i dislike eating with people i do not know=/ i'd be a complete "larry" there...

sutton trust will priorotise who who are in first generation...and also who get EMA

-sigh-

i'll just need to work extra to make up for the lost oppurtunity/major advantage...
Reply 1099
Original post by xxxxkrishyxxxx
Rejected for maths. Yay :frown:

Feel your pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending