Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite foods that aren't sold anymore...

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tubby toast!

I swear that was a thing that existed
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Southern Fried Chicken by Sainsbury's. They were packs of chicken fillets, basted in a spicy flavor and toasted with bread crumbs. You had to bake them in the oven before eating and I loved eating those but soon they disappeared from sight !
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashion Girl)
    Southern Fried Chicken by Sainsbury's. They were packs of chicken fillets, basted in a spicy flavor and toasted with bread crumbs. You had to bake them in the oven before eating and I loved eating those but soon they disappeared from sight !
    The Tesco equivalent is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River Shadow)
    The Tesco equivalent is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you've tried the Tesco edition of the Southern Fried Chick en, huh? I can't quite remember if I've tried that yet ! But I looooooooooove the Giant edition of the Southern Fried Chicken fillets, they're a little bit different but so delicious nonetheless ! Oh, Giant is this big supermarket we have here in KL, we have Tesco too...should get some of those Tesco peas, actually come to think of it :drools: !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    Who remembers BN biscuits??
    The Tesco Extras sell them! Well the one near me does anyway
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    There was this really nice chocolate bar my mum used to buy in the 1990s. :moon: It was dark chocolate with a white and minty filling in a blue wrapper with trees or fruit on the front, but the name escapes me every time :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    Who remembers BN biscuits??
    We found them in home bargains and morrisons in the UK!

edit: haha did not realise how old the original post was! Yeah, they disappeared for a while but got brought back late 2013
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Turkey Twizzlers

Got Jamie Oliver to thank for the ban.......Idiot. :mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    There was this really nice chocolate bar my mum used to buy in the 1990s. :moon: It was dark chocolate with a white and minty filling in a blue wrapper with trees or fruit on
    the front, but the name escapes me every time :confused:
    fry's chocolate cream??
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    fry's chocolate cream??
    YES! thx! Do they still sell them do you know?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    YES! thx! Do they still sell them do you know?
    Yeahhhhh in most supermarkets and some Newsagents

They also do orange flavoured aswell!! Although mint is my favourite
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Yeahhhhh in most supermarkets and some Newsagents

They also do orange flavoured aswell!! Although mint is my favourite
    Cool, will look out for them next time I'm out
    Agree with you about Turkey Twizlers, they were so nice, looked forward to school dinners when they were on the menu ahah
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fuse bars and Cheese (not cheese and onion) McCoys.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Onken Frufoo

No idea what it tasted like but I remember the toy!!
    And 3D doritos!

Chuffed BNs have reappeared on our shelves though! >.<
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashion Girl)
    I'm not too sure about the fillets (chicken cooked off the bone?! Heresy!), but Sainsburys definitely still sell southern fried chicken portions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I picked up a massive box of nerds in my local poundland the other day (along with everlasting gobstoppers). Very ****ing happy to see that, especially as they are really expensive elsewhere

Also, Tesco stocks cheetos (look in the foreign import section) - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=275477596 (those bad boys totally put Wotsits to shame).

I know that Iceland stock those weird hula hoop oven chip thingies, in barbeque beef and original flavors.

I really miss wotsit waffles, turkey twizzlers, those creme egg cornettos, citrus polos, and the nice n' spicy pot noodle.

Also, this is really pernickty, but Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it.

Oh, and the old recipe of Tesco Salt and Vinegar chipsticks - I was obsessed with the bloody things before they changed them.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenPetal)
    I picked up a massive box of nerds in my local poundland the other day (along with everlasting gobstoppers). Very ****ing happy to see that, especially as they are really expensive elsewhere

Also, Tesco stocks cheetos (look in the foreign import section) - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=275477596 (those bad boys totally put Wotsits to shame).

I know that Iceland stock those weird hula hoop oven chip thingies, in barbeque beef and original flavors.

I really miss wotsit waffles, turkey twizzlers, those creme egg cornettos, citrus polos, and the nice n' spicy pot noodle.

Also, this is really pernickty, but Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it.

Oh, and the old recipe of Tesco Salt and Vinegar chipsticks - I was obsessed with the bloody things before they changed them.
    There about 3 types of creme egg ice cream out this year, not sure if any of them are cornettos though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    those creme egg cornettos.
    I never had these, were they any good? The lyles golden syrup ice cream is probably one of the best I've had for brand names-gone ice cream.

Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it.
    100% agree! It's not the same! I like chunks, not slices! There's a world of difference between slices and chunks. It's like when places add onion into tuna and cucumber without saying. HATE.

YES! The one's that almost burnt your mouth they were so sharp tasting!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the tellytubby pink yoghurt stuff that came out aaages ago and only lasted for like a year or something. Damn that was some tasty stuff :yum: But no one else remembers it sadly
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    I'm not too sure about the fillets (chicken cooked off the bone?! Heresy!), but Sainsburys definitely still sell southern fried chicken portions.
    No they don't! They sell a variety of Southern Fried Chicken ones and the one I want isn't one of them!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 21, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.