The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9140
It seems I will be doing a heat round on the 26th of march in Cardiff for the new welsh stand up competition for what will also be my first gig back home. Guess who will be terrified that day :proud:
Reply 9141

:mmm:
Reply 9142
Original post by Truered
some MLP video

This shall be the only MLP thing I shall ever post and that is because this is taking the piss out of it :tongue:

Reply 9143
Seem to have found a new type of tsr stalker...have nicknamed them the advice stalker :nothing:

You know the kind; you know the answer to the question in your thread, you respond...and then they expect you to know everything that they might possibly need help on ever...quoting you, pming you...

this kid is one pm away from me clicking that warning button :indiff:
Original post by skipp
Seem to have found a new type of tsr stalker...have nicknamed them the advice stalker :nothing:

You know the kind; you know the answer to the question in your thread, you respond...and then they expect you to know everything that they might possibly need help on ever...quoting you, pming you...

Tell them "Sorry, I don't know the answer. Try PMing *name of TSR member you want to inflict stalker on* instead, they should know". :evil:
Reply 9145
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Tell them "Sorry, I don't know the answer. Try PMing *name of TSR member you want to inflict stalker on* instead, they should know". :evil:

Damn, why didn't I think of that :mmm: could have inflicted a stalker on Juno someone :ninja: who I'm sure would take it very very well....
Reply 9146
Original post by skipp

:awesome:
lool
TSR stalkers are the funniest kind of stalkers :ninja:
Reply 9149
8 months of my life has been spent on anime.........dear god.
Reply 9150
Original post by caraniel
8 months of my life has been spent on anime.........dear god.

Wait until you become a skeleton before praying to god. :sadnod: :tongue:
Reply 9151
Original post by Aiko
Wait until you become a skeleton before praying to god. :sadnod: :tongue:

Hahaha~!

Congrats on your marathon btw Aiko - brilliant achievement!
Reply 9152
Hahaha~!

Congrats on your marathon btw Aiko - brilliant achievement!

Thanks, Cara. It was nothing short of sheer agony during the last stretch, but seeing the representative of the charity with a few of the children at the finishing line made it all worth it. :smile:

Edit: So, have you finished working now or are you obliged to serve your notice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9153
Original post by Aiko
Thanks, Cara. It was nothing short of sheer agony during the last stretch, but seeing the representative of the charity with a few of the children at the finishing line made it all worth it. :smile:

Edit: So, have you finished working now or are you obliged to serve your notice?

I can imagine - nothing but respect for doing it! :adore:

I'm on sick leave again - had a steroid injection to my neck last week, and now everything is all inflamed and owie, so yet again I'm at home. Work aren't impressed (I was on annual leave the week before last, off sick last week & this week) and I haven't told them that I'm leaving yet. Going to get as many holidays out them as possible before I leave at the end of August - I only need to give them a months notice so I'll just get everything sorted out myself before I hand it in.
Reply 9154
I can imagine - nothing but respect for doing it! :adore:

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I've actually managed to run a marathon. Before I started jogging regularly some four years ago, I was a chain smoker that did absolutely no exercise, zilch. Amusedly, I still remember proclaiming at 16 that I'd probably be dead by 30 in account of how much I was smoking even back then. :giggle: I won't deny, I doubt my lifestyle would have changed much if it weren't for my husband who is something of a fitness fanatic. In this respect, although he didn't try to change my ways, he undoubtably influenced my decision to get off my backside and make amends. It was difficult at first, finding the inclination to jog every morning, but four years down the line, I've ran something like this. I'm just glad I've also managed to help people in the process. :smile:

I'm on sick leave again - had a steroid injection to my neck last week, and now everything is all inflamed and owie, so yet again I'm at home. Work aren't impressed (I was on annual leave the week before last, off sick last week & this week) and I haven't told them that I'm leaving yet. Going to get as many holidays out them as possible before I leave at the end of August - I only need to give them a months notice so I'll just get everything sorted out myself before I hand it in.

A steroid injection to your neck? Doesn't sound nice. :s-smilie: I'm assuming and hoping this'll help you in the long term, even if it's inflamed and painful at the moment? And ah, I was under the impression that you decided to leave work there and then when you had posted about it, but it makes sense that you'd opt to leave a month before travelling. No point lounging around for a large bulk of the year when you can do the same while remaining in employment. :tongue: Good thing they seem to be tolerating your illness and not simply replacing you, which is becoming all too common in this climate. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9155
Original post by Aiko
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I've actually managed to run a marathon. Before I started jogging regularly some four years ago, I was a chain smoker that did absolutely no exercise, zilch. Amusedly, I still remember proclaiming at 16 that I'd probably be dead by 30 in account of how much I was smoking even back then. :giggle: I won't deny, I doubt my lifestyle would have changed much if it weren't for my husband who is something of a fitness fanatic. In this respect, although he didn't try to change my ways, he undoubtably influenced my decision to get off my backside and make amends. It was difficult at first, finding the inclination to jog every morning, but four years down the line, I've ran something like this. I'm just glad I've managed to help people in the process. :smile:

Really is amazing what you can do once you get motivated/ into the correct habits.

A steroid injection to your neck? Doesn't sound nice. :s-smilie: I'm assuming and hoping that'll help you in the long term, even if it's inflamed and painful at the moment? And ah, I was under the impression that you decided to leave work there and then when you had posted about it, but it makes sense that you'd opt to leave a month before travelling. No point lounging around for a large bulk of the year when you can do the same while remaining in employment. Good thing they seem to be tolerating your illness and not simply replacing you, which is becoming all too common in this climate. :smile:

Yeah the injection is meant to help numb the pain - apparently takes at least 2 weeks to settle though so I'm stuck feeling like crap for a while yet.
There was no way I'd be able to afford going if I didn't work up 'til the wire - saving like a woman possessed at the moment :giggle: Work have no choice but to put up with me since it was their working conditions and workload that triggered my problems in the first place......I've also made myself pretty indispensable just by the simple fact I've been there so long that I can run the joint blindfolded. Going to have to compile several files on exact step-by-steps so that they can get a replacement when I leave - I won't be there to train anyone up after all.
Reply 9156
Really is amazing what you can do once you get motivated/ into the correct habits.

Definitely. :smile:

Yeah the injection is meant to help numb the pain - apparently takes at least 2 weeks to settle though so I'm stuck feeling like crap for a while yet.

Seems like they're giving you every plausible remedy available. :tongue: Hopefully, this one will help to ease the pain. :smile:

There was no way I'd be able to afford going if I didn't work up 'til the wire - saving like a woman possessed at the moment :giggle: Work have no choice but to put up with me since it was their working conditions and workload that triggered my problems in the first place......I've also made myself pretty indispensable just by the simple fact I've been there so long that I can run the joint blindfolded. Going to have to compile several files on exact step-by-steps so that they can get a replacement when I leave - I won't be there to train anyone up after all.

That's fortunate and makes sense; otherwise you could probably file a lawsuit for unfair dismissal. :tongue: And being indispensable definitely has its advantages, as in this case. :smile:
Reply 9157
So I caught up with cardfight vanguard (LOVE IT) and I wanted to get any recommendations for a new anime to pick up please. I'm open to anything with a good story line :smile:
Reply 9158
Original post by skipp
Damn, why didn't I think of that :mmm: could have inflicted a stalker on Juno someone :ninja: who I'm sure would take it very very well....

You can tell them to PM me if you like. I have PMs turned off :eviltongue:
Reply 9159
It seems either the joke "What's grey and can't climb a tree"....a car park (it's anti humour and damn awesome :proud: ) or the phrase Cadbury Cream Clegg aren't liked in a joke thread......

Kind of glad I didn't just post my set on there as it involves magical giraffes, comparing Christianity to star wars and nazis getting fisted....yeh my stuff is weird

Latest