You do? but how am I supposed to pm you if they're off? :cry2:

You're special :yep:
Reply 9163
Original post by Juno
You're special :yep:

Yay :jumphug:
yo
Reply 9165
Everytime I see AJ's small avatar preview on the main forum page, I keep thinking something pervy is happening :mmm:
A4e finally sorted out my work placement... a week and a half later than planned (which gave me enough time to mess up my sleeping pattern and get tempted back into three of the eight anime series I stalled), but I should be starting in Barmouth library on Thursday. They only want me on Thursdays and Fridays though, so they're also trying to arrange for me to go to Blaenau Ffestiniog library Mon - Fri starting next week. They're looking into whether I can get a week/week and a half extra on the course as a result of the delays, as technically it was meant to end on the 30th of this month whether I got a place or not; I'm hoping they can extend it because a months work experience looks better than a fortnights, though it would mean I'd still be working at the start of the new anime season. :sigh: :p:

Not planning on stalling any more anime series despite the long hours (including travel time, I'll be away from home from 8 AM - 8 PM), but since I'm close to finishing both the complete series I have on the go (Druaga and Dougram), I'll probably just not start anything to replace them and focus on new/ongoing series for four weeks. :yes:
Reply 9167
Original post by AngryJellyfish
A4e finally sorted out my work placement... a week and a half later than planned (which gave me enough time to mess up my sleeping pattern and get tempted back into three of the eight anime series I stalled), but I should be starting in Barmouth library on Thursday. They only want me on Thursdays and Fridays though, so they're also trying to arrange for me to go to Blaenau Ffestiniog library Mon - Fri starting next week. They're looking into whether I can get a week/week and a half extra on the course as a result of the delays, as technically it was meant to end on the 30th of this month whether I got a place or not; I'm hoping they can extend it because a months work experience looks better than a fortnights, though it would mean I'd still be working at the start of the new anime season. :sigh: :p:

Not planning on stalling any more anime series despite the long hours (including travel time, I'll be away from home from 8 AM - 8 PM), but since I'm close to finishing both the complete series I have on the go (Druaga and Dougram), I'll probably just not start anything to replace them and focus on new/ongoing series for four weeks. :yes:

Good luck with the placements, AJ. :smile: Working in a library doesn't sound too bad given the type of people you're likely to work alongside and the environment you'd be in. You'll probably have access to the internet during your lunch break too. :tongue:

As for managing your time to watch anime, welcome to my world. As mentioned before on here, I only watch a few episodes during the week, if that, usually reserving Sunday to marathon anything. It's not too bad once you get used to it. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
Good luck with the placements, AJ. :smile: Working in a library doesn't sound too bad given the type of people you're likely to work alongside and the environment you'd be in. You'll probably have access to the internet during your lunch break too. :tongue:

As for managing your time to watch anime, welcome to my world. As mentioned before on here, I only watch a few episodes during the week, if that, usually reserving Sunday to marathon anything. It's not too bad once you get used to it. :smile:

Thanks. :smile: I figured that working in a library would be a better use of my skills than in a supermarket, which is where a lot of the people on the course seem to have been placed. Not that I'd have minded either way, as any experience is better than none. The potential free internet access during lunch is also an idea that appeals to me. :p:

Managing my anime viewing may have just been made easier... I've been given my hours for Blaenau Library, and they only want me from 9 AM until 1 PM Mon - Fri. Additionally, since the head librarian there is only getting back from holiday this weekend (the reason behind the delay, apparently), she's got a lot to sort out next Monday so doesn't want me in that day. Long weekend GET! :biggrin:
Reply 9170
:mmm:
Reply 9171
Yesterday I discovered my course is running a 2 week trip to China for only £700 (that's accommodation and visa's) which made me very happy....well until I had discovered that the department had organised it to be during the week of our final hand in :unimpressed: I question the organisational skills of my uni's architecture department not only do they think having seminars, tutorials AND lectures in the same time slot if fine but they also seem to think you can do your final hand in while in China :sigh:. I'm rathe annoyed at this as I would have rather wanted to go on it
I've recently got into Death Note and I'm a massive fan of Studio Ghibli, can I join? :biggrin:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I've recently got into Death Note and I'm a massive fan of Studio Ghibli, can I join? :biggrin:

Of course. :biggrin: The more people posting here and getting chat going again, the better. :p: Feel free to sign up officially by visiting the group page, and I'll add you. :smile:
Reply 9174
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Thanks. :smile: I figured that working in a library would be a better use of my skills than in a supermarket, which is where a lot of the people on the course seem to have been placed. Not that I'd have minded either way, as any experience is better than none. The potential free internet access during lunch is also an idea that appeals to me. :p:

Personally, I'd much rather work in a library than a supermarket. :smile:

Managing my anime viewing may have just been made easier... I've been given my hours for Blaenau Library, and they only want me from 9 AM until 1 PM Mon - Fri. Additionally, since the head librarian there is only getting back from holiday this weekend (the reason behind the delay, apparently), she's got a lot to sort out next Monday so doesn't want me in that day. Long weekend GET! :biggrin:

Aha, best make the most of the extra time then (i.e. marathon Dragon Ball). :yes:
Original post by Aiko
Aha, best make the most of the extra time then (i.e. marathon Dragon Ball). :yes:

Haha, not sure I'd be able to download it all before the end of my course. :p: I could certainly use that time to catch up on Amagami, Shana and Guilty Crown though. :yes:
Original post by JWH
Yesterday I discovered my course is running a 2 week trip to China for only £700 (that's accommodation and visa's) which made me very happy....well until I had discovered that the department had organised it to be during the week of our final hand in :unimpressed: I question the organisational skills of my uni's architecture department not only do they think having seminars, tutorials AND lectures in the same time slot if fine but they also seem to think you can do your final hand in while in China :sigh:. I'm rathe annoyed at this as I would have rather wanted to go on it

oh dear lol :facepalm2: have you asked them about this? maybe they can put the dates forward? i hope the £700 includes the flights right? if so thats pretty good :smile: tis a great opportunity, i went with the uni for a month last summer, had a fantastic time :yep:

oh yeah i saw this on youtube the other day

:rofl2:

:rofl:

i should have applied to lincoln :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9177
Original post by Truered

This is why I love parrots :emog:
Reply 9178
Original post by eugenius 8
oh dear lol :facepalm2: have you asked them about this? maybe they can put the dates forward? i hope the £700 includes the flights right? if so thats pretty good :smile: tis a great opportunity, i went with the uni for a month last summer, had a fantastic time :yep:

oh yeah i saw this on youtube the other day

:rofl2:

:rofl:

i should have applied to lincoln :awesome:

Yeh it includes the flights and also some trips during the week. Well we told the woman in charge of it about the problem and she said she would look into it. Though with the gigs I have coming up I have a rather limited time slot I can go in.

:laugh: yeh I saw them ages ago also met the guy who made them he's kind of annoying and very arrogant but his vids are good.
Reply 9179
Original post by JWH
This shall be the only MLP thing I shall ever post and that is because this is taking the piss out of it :tongue:

:awesome:

Latest