evening :h:

Spoiler

you need to go on one of those healthy eating programs :spank:
Original post by vin
you need to go on one of those healthy eating programs :spank:

like man vs food?

:coma:

cant help it, tis exam period :p:
Ventured into the Anime and Comics subforum for the first time in months... seems to be mostly the same threads cropping up again and again (variations on 'recommend me something', 'favorite series' and 'favorite OP/ED'). :hmmmm2:

I invited a few people to the soc who've been active elsewhere, as it's been a while since we had some newbies; none of the tens of people whose membership requests I accept on a weekly basis ever seem to post (not even the ones who replied to the welcome PM, enthusiastically promising to be active :s:), but as these people are already posting about anime in other threads, maybe they'll be more likely to stick around if they're interested. :dontknow:
Reply 9504
Original post by La Trampa
It's the same with the boy. He urged me to come out riding on my own bike, so with that and the Olympics, I took the plunge. I got a cagiva raptor 125. It's a great and nippy little bike. I call it my little ducati. :biggrin:
Aha, seems our partners are quite similar. :tongue:
Reply 9505
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Ventured into the Anime and Comics subforum for the first time in months... seems to be mostly the same threads cropping up again and again (variations on 'recommend me something', 'favorite series' and 'favorite OP/ED'). :hmmmm2:
You haven't viewed the sub forum in months, despite posting here and in the on-topic thread? Interesting. :tongue: I'm subscribed to the sub forum, so I always look at the index first before choosing where to post.
I invited a few people to the soc who've been active elsewhere, as it's been a while since we had some newbies; none of the tens of people whose membership requests I accept on a weekly basis ever seem to post (not even the ones who replied to the welcome PM, enthusiastically promising to be active :s:), but as these people are already posting about anime in other threads, maybe they'll be more likely to stick around if they're interested. :dontknow:
Yeah, would be nice to have some fresh blood, especially as many of our regulars have moved on and those that are remaining are starting to watch anime less. I've spoken to Vin-kin about this on MSN and we came to the conclusion that it's down to the forum itself. Members are less inclined to post actively about anime on TSR because it's not why they're here in the first place. If they wanted to post about anime, they'd visit a forum specifically about it. However, this doesn't really explain why those you've invited and encouraged to post haven't, particularly as they've posted elsewhere about anime... We can't even put it down to feeling out of place when we were active in 09. I suppose the fact that a sub forum does exist as well has resulted in the society's purpose lessening somewhat. But, as we've mentioned before, it's also tucked away and not easily viewable on the main forum index. I'd imagine, in order to find it, one would have to intentionally look for a forum about anime, which is, let's face it, not something people would expect to find on TSR anyway. When I think about why I opted to post, it was mainly because I enjoyed the company of those I met in the chat thread, not because I wanted to discuss anime (the on-topic thread back then was rather inactive in comparison). That was more of an after thought, so to speak. We no longer have this constant stream of activity and sadly I neither have the energy nor time to dedicate posting like I did back then, so I can't keep the ball rolling on my part. I guess, ultimately, people can't be asked to post, they have to somehow find the sub-forum on their own and then to decide posting. Recently, we've had people like Facticity and Cornerstone who were already very active on TSR prior to joining the society, so perhaps it's better to target those who have stuck around on TSR itself who have an interest in anime. Then again, it's unlikely we'd find active members of TSR who will readily wish to discuss anime, assuming they even have such an interest. Such members are gold dust. :tongue:
Reply 9506

Now it just needs to walk around.:beard:
Reply 9507
I'd like to be more active, but I'm not watching all that much anime at the moment, and I know I annoy some people when I go on about a certain show.

Which is unfortunate as I came here to do a jokey post about constantly listening to this the past few days

:ahee: I post in here because the attitude is jokey/sarcastic towards it, as opposed to outright hatred seen in any thread on TSR actually made about the show :nyoron:

Lately US shows have replaced anime as my viewing habit of choice- I've been watching Frasier, Dexter and BSG recently :mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9508
Started watching Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger.

Not normally one to watch tokusatsu, but this show is so self-aware, I can't stop laughing.
Reply 9509
Original post by Truered

:ahee: I post in here because the attitude is jokey/sarcastic towards it, as opposed to outright hatred seen in any thread on TSR actually made about the show :nyoron:
Ive seen those posts and find them very amusing.:mmm:
Reply 9510
Original post by vin
Ive seen those posts and find them very amusing.:mmm:

I've seen you admitting to liking Winter wrap up, I know your secret :devil:

So much hatred from people who haven't even watched it :nyoron: Just like me once :awesome:

Reply 9511
Original post by Truered
I've seen you admitting to liking Winter wrap up, I know your secret :devil:

So much hatred from people who haven't even watched it :nyoron: Just like me once :awesome:

who said it was a secret :indiff:

its a catchy song :thrasher:

i saw a comparison with the old ponies... now I never saw that but those character designs just look freaky :erm:
Reply 9512
Original post by vin
who said it was a secret :indiff:

its a catchy song :thrasher:

:

:hahaha: you liek ponies :ahee:

I like most of the songs.

JWH has watched all of the episodes in secret :ninja:
Reply 9513
Original post by Truered
:hahaha: you liek ponies :ahee:

I like most of the songs.

atleast im no brony like you :pierre:
Reply 9514
Original post by vin
atleast im no brony like you :pierre:

:mmm:
Reply 9515
Original post by Truered

:mmm:

:rofl: there's a pony pic for every situation
Reply 9516
Original post by Truered

I would like the point out I waste away my hours watching minecraft video's not pony videos :unimpressed: as unlikely pony video's their aweomse :proud:
I'm starting an 8 week voluntary placement at Deudraeth Cyf on Monday (if my maths is correct, that means it'll conveniently finish a week before my birthday and graduation on the 10th and 11th of July). It's between 25 and 30 hours a week, so more or less full time when you factor in the travel arrangements. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing yet, other than that it'll be largely IT based, and that the person who interviewed me was very keen to work my environmental science knowledge into it too. :beard: Should be good experience, and yet another good reference. And a fantastic excuse to spend more money that I don't have on manga, depending on the length of the lunch break and waits for buses. :giggle:

It'll have the usual negative impacts on my anime consumption, of course, but that's something I'm willing to put up with as it'd be the same if/when I get a paid job. But I guess I won't be finishing Urusei Yatsura this month after all, a shame as I was making good progress at 5 - 10 episodes a day. :p: I suppose I'll fall even further behind with my Shining Hearts blog posts too. I won't bother trying to stall any ongoing anime series this time though, that just didn't work before. :nah:
Reply 9518
Minecraft on the xbox is awesome :woo: though I wish I knew someone else on xbox live who had as then we could play together. There's a cave I found which is literally crawling with monsters so having another person around would be rather handy :laugh:
Reply 9519

My manga still hasn't turned up :argh:

Latest

Trending

Trending