The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by echeee
Yep, definitely the mace, it's in the letter and it's in the task discription lol. :tongue:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was whether the mace you found was the specific mace that you were meant to find. The treasure hunter things get you to go after a specific item, but the type of item is a generic magical item (a fire mace in your case), and it's perfectly possible for enemies to be carrying magical weapons as well. It'd be a bit of a bugger if this was the case, but I'm basically saying that is there a chance that you were asked to get Mace of Embers A, and some enemy spawned carrying Mace of Embers B and you've picked it up thinking it's Mace A? I'm just saying that because some other quests have been known to be rather messed up when they involve picking up items which you could pick up elsewhere or already have in your inventory (e.g. one quest in Solitude has you collect an amulet of talos, but after you pick up the amulet you need, you can't drop ANY talos amulets until after you complete the quest)
Reply 5721
Original post by Dalimyr
Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was whether the mace you found was the specific mace that you were meant to find. The treasure hunter things get you to go after a specific item, but the type of item is a generic magical item (a fire mace in your case), and it's perfectly possible for enemies to be carrying magical weapons as well. It'd be a bit of a bugger if this was the case, but I'm basically saying that is there a chance that you were asked to get Mace of Embers A, and some enemy spawned carrying Mace of Embers B and you've picked it up thinking it's Mace A? I'm just saying that because some other quests have been known to be rather messed up when they involve picking up items which you could pick up elsewhere or already have in your inventory (e.g. one quest in Solitude has you collect an amulet of talos, but after you pick up the amulet you need, you can't drop ANY talos amulets until after you complete the quest)

Hmmm, I get what you're saying. I guess this is completley possible. When I play it tomorrow I'll go back there and check and see if I can find anything.
I guess what I find so unusual about it is that I can't find any trace of this quest anywhere. It's like they made the quest then decided to remove it in an update or something. :s-smilie:

Thanks for all the replies, I'll head back there tomorrow. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Still haven't chosen whether to join imperials or stormcloaks. At what level did everyone decide?
Original post by F Ellen
Still haven't chosen whether to join imperials or stormcloaks. At what level did everyone decide?

I joined the Stormcloaks at level 20 even though I helped that Imperial escape from Helgen.

I had to kill some ice wraiths to prove myself to the Stormcloaks.
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
I joined the Stormcloaks at level 20 even though I helped that Imperial escape from Helgen.

I had to kill some ice wraiths to prove myself to the Stormcloaks.

On the one hand, those Imperials almost executed me. On the other, I'm a dark elf and the Stormcloaks are a bit racist, lol.
Original post by F Ellen
On the one hand, those Imperials almost executed me. On the other, I'm a dark elf and the Stormcloaks are a bit racist, lol.

Wood Elf over here !!! Yes, but I exacted sweet sweet revenge when I took back Solitude. :colone:

Then again there is that final Dark Brotherhood quest where I killed :

EPIC SPOILER DO NOT OPEN IF YOU HAVENT DONE THE QUEST :tongue:

Spoiler

So after that I sort of had no choice but to continue eradicating the Imperialistic scum from Skyrim.
Wood Elf over here !!! Yes, but I exacted sweet sweet revenge when I took back Solitude. :colone:

Spoiler

So after that I sort of had no choice but to continue eradicating the Imperialistic scum from Skyrim.

That quest was good, but I really enjoyed:

Spoiler

I might choose Imperials, because I heard that:

Spoiler

Reply 5727

Spoiler

I thought that was a bit bold tbh, and there are no serious reprecussions which would happen if such a thing were to take place. Bit of a fail.
Original post by Aust1n
I thought that was a bit bold tbh, and there are no serious reprecussions which would happen if such a thing were to take place. Bit of a fail.

But it was so much fun :tongue: The whole swimming up to the ship and climbing on board and then carrying out the mission :tongue:

Especially if you went the cloak and dagger route like I did. :biggrin:

Original post by F Ellen
That quest was good, but I really enjoyed:

Spoiler

I might choose Imperials, because I heard that:

Spoiler

Haha !!

Spoiler

Spoiler

But it was so much fun :tongue: The whole swimming up to the ship and climbing on board and then carrying out the mission :tongue:

Especially if you went the cloak and dagger route like I did. :biggrin:

Haha !!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OK, and now the decision is hard again. Lol!
I chose stormcloaks
I'm leaning towards Imperials because of the Grey Quarter in Whiterun. How dare those Nords insult us dark elves so!

Don't give a **** about Talos worship anyway lol!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5732
I went for the Imperials.

Just because, although it seems like the Stormcloaks are fighting for freedom, they're just a bunch of racists that rule with brute force.
At least the Imperials seem to be more civalised. :tongue:

I'm glad I joined the Imperials because

Spoiler

edit: Although I will add, I joined them on accident. Originally I had wanted to join the Stormcloaks, but for some reason (must have clicked an option on accident :s-smilie:) I joined the Imperials.
Although, I'm glad I did now tbh. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
"1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)

NEW FEATURES

Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse"

May have to revisit the land of Skyrim.
Original post by cambo211
"1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)

NEW FEATURES

Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse"

May have to revisit the land of Skyrim.

So wait, this is just a normal free update? Or will I have to pay for the privilege of killing someone whilst gracefully riding my Shadowmere?
Original post by Darth Vader 7
So wait, this is just a normal free update? Or will I have to pay for the privilege of killing someone whilst gracefully riding my Shadowmere?

Normal update as far as i'm aware.

Other things listed are just bug fixes.
Reply 5736
Amazing! So happy!
Some wayward traveller is going to get butchered on release day.
Reply 5738
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/24/mounted-combat-arrives-in-latest-skyrim-update/ :shock:
You can try it now on pc.
The team at Bethesda Game Studios is excited to announce another new feature making its way into Skyrim… Mounted Combat! Like the recently added Kinect support (360) and new kill cameras, this highly-requested feature that was seen in the Skyrim Game Jam video is arriving for free. In fact, by opting into the latest Steam Beta Update, PC users can check out the feature today. As far as release on other platforms, we’ll let you know when we have more information.

Would have expected this to be some sort of dlc thing. :beard:
Original post by vin
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/24/mounted-combat-arrives-in-latest-skyrim-update/ :shock:
You can try it now on pc.

Would have expected this to be some sort of dlc thing. :beard:

Does that mean that there's going to be horse armour in Skyrim?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Quick Reply

Latest