The Student Room Group

5/3/1 attempt no.2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I used to go with about 5 people, but now I am usually on my own because they are all inconsistent/lazy. I can no way trust random people, knowing them they would just start helping while Im still descending LOL.
I also squatted 150 x 3. If you got the fourth then you'd be better at every single lift than me. :frown:
Reply 182
I'm gonna try 150 tomorrow. 150x5 is my best 5rm, so I don't see 150x3 happening now that I'm partially detrained.
Reply 183
Original post by Smack
I also squatted 150 x 3. If you got the fourth then you'd be better at every single lift than me. :frown:

I know how you feel man, squats are your speciality so when you squat goes down because of concentrating on other lifts it feelsbadman :frown:
Reply 184
Original post by SMed
I'm gonna try 150 tomorrow. 150x5 is my best 5rm, so I don't see 150x3 happening now that I'm partially detrained.

Next week, 150 x 5 ATG.
I'm hoping to match the weakest of your 5RMs with the 1RM of my best lift. In 3-4 weeks. FML.
Reply 186
Original post by The Blind Monk
I'm hoping to match the weakest of your 5RMs with the 1RM of my best lift. In 3-4 weeks. FML.

Yeah but at 2/3rds of the bodyweight.
Original post by The Blind Monk

Bulk up to 90kg :biggrin:!

To be fair, you'd probably have the highest squat wilk score out of all of us. :biggrin:
Original post by cowsforsale
Bulk up to 90kg :biggrin:!

To be fair, you'd probably have the highest squat wilk score out of all of us. :biggrin:

Bulking up to 90kg is not quite as easy as it sounds. Will take a while :wink: That and I'd probably look like the Michelin man :eek:
Reply 189
Nice quick sesh today

Bench

Barx 8
60kg x 5
80kg x 5

105kg x 8
105kg x 8

Close grip

95kg x 8
95kg x 8

Incline

87.5kg x 7
87.5kg x 6

Was supposed to get 8 on these but incline is ****ing hard so not too bothered.
Reply 190
Deadlift

70kg x 3
110kg x 5
150kg x 5
180kg x 2

205kg x 2

167.5kg x 3
167.5kg x 3
167.5kg x 3
167.5kg x 3
167.5kg x 3
167.5kg x 3

Circuit

SLDL
Bent rows
Good mornings
Close grip pulldowns

Circuit was a killer as always. Good thing next week is the last week of circuits. The 205 double was harder than I expected, but I did heavy squats two days ago, only got 7 hours sleep last night and didnt each much either so hopefully I can nicely pull 215kg for 2 next week. Week 4 (next week) is supposed to be the 2nd hardest week, so hopefully it goes all good.

Some guys were watching me deadlift and talking about me, and I heard this "How does he do it?", "Steroids innit"

feelsgoodman
Reply 191
"Only 7 hours sleep"? You ****ing **** licking dick ****ing **** sucking **** monster.

:biggrin:
Reply 192
Original post by SMed
"Only 7 hours sleep"? You ****ing **** licking dick ****ing **** sucking **** monster.

:biggrin:

LOL yeah 7 is "only" in the holidays. 12-14 is the norm.
Reply 193
I'd probably more likely start taking steroids than I'd be able to consistently get 12-14 hours of sleep! lol
Reply 194
7 is "only" for me too. I consistently need 9-10 hours if I want to feel really good.

I think you need to deadlift more. :teeth:
Original post by u4m1r

Some guys were watching me deadlift and talking about me, and I heard this "How does he do it?", "Steroids innit"

feelsgoodman

I get this quite a lot and it does feel pretty good, but it pisses me off too.

Like you couldn't deadlift 205 naturally? Stupid pricks.
People think I'm juicing because I have numerous eczema scars on my arms :smile:.

Also, this guy said to me last time, "I remember when you used to really struggle with light weights and now you're managing really heavy ones." - This is coming from a guy who half squats and doesn't deadlift.

****ing bitchass. Wanted to bitchslap him right across the jaw.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 197
Trainings been a bit crap.

Was supposed to do 215kg x 2 deadlift, failed 2nd near lockout. Got a video which I will put up later. Then the week after I did 192.5kg x 3 x 3, and 205kg x 2 I will be doing this friday, should be easy. I will carry on the program as normal even though I failed one of the weeks, I need to rest more after squats so I am recovered for deadlifts.

With benching there is nothing new, 110kg x 2 x 5, then 115kg x 2 x 5 week after. Have to get 120kg x 2 x 5 on thursday. Will be interesting to see how that goes, I have done a difficult 120kg x 5 before, but this is 2 sets so we will see. Havent OHP'd in weeks. Squats have been ok, I have videos of me squatting ATG now but I am always really cautious with squats without safety pins. Will go today and hopefully get 135kg x 5 ATG.
Reply 199

Strong but try not to do a huge bum wink while squatting and if your gunna continue dead-lifting like expect your back to be wrecked real soon

Quick Reply

Latest