The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

PHYSIOTHERAPY University of Nottingham 2011

Couldn't find a group on here for physiotherapy students starting at Nottingham Sept 2011, so thought I would make one,

wondering if anyone is going there for certain after a gap year or is planning to come in Sept, I am currently at Lincoln university doing a certificate course for a year in health science after finishing my Alevels in 2010, garunteed a place if i pass this year.
Thinking of living at Raleigh Park at the mo as I hear most physio students are there or at St Peters court.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, i had an interview last wednesday but i have no idea how it went :frown:
Have you had an interview? :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jbu

Hiya! hope it went well for u! yea i had to interview for nottingham and lincoln last year cause i applied for a foundation in lincoln and then go to nottingham this year to start physio. but i recieved a reply quite late, not till maybe late march so i wouldnt be too worried! who interviewed u?
Reply 3
Hiya, had my interview last week, its a lovely place :biggrin: just waiting to hear back now :smile:. Anyone had any offers?
Reply 4
Original post by chloe_11
Hiya, had my interview last week, its a lovely place :biggrin: just waiting to hear back now :smile:. Anyone had any offers?

Hi I've heard it's really nice, I'm excited to see it :smile: I have mine on the 17th, am so so nervous! :s-smilie: how did yours go? I'm so scared for the reflective task, can't really prepare for it. I don't have any offers yet :frown: I have interviews for northumbria and nottingham though which is better than nothing! do you have any offers?
Reply 5
Hi, yeah i've got an offer from UWE and had 2 interviews. Thats good, just take a deep breath before answering. I'm sure you'll be fine - as long as you know your stuff :smile:
Reply 6
I have an interview on the 16th, I am so scared because if I don't get Notts I don't think I will be going to uni this year. i got rejections from birmingham and Liverpool :frown: Any ideas about the reflective task that is what's wprrying me the most!!!
Reply 7
Original post by aahalsey
I have an interview on the 16th, I am so scared because if I don't get Notts I don't think I will be going to uni this year. i got rejections from birmingham and Liverpool :frown: Any ideas about the reflective task that is what's wprrying me the most!!!

Hiya, Im not sure about this reflective task thing cause I was interviewed last year by both Lincoln and Nottingham university. but as far as questions go, generally they ask u why u chose the course, why do you think ur suited to nottingham, what u like about this course (specific areas of interest/modules)
How you would work with others or in a group when u meet new students and what areas do physiotherapists work in such as schools/hospitals/elderlycare homes/sports etc

just be clued up on what u like about the course and what physio is about and im sure u will be fine! Good luck tho will be seeing u there in Sept hopefully!
Reply 8
I have absolutely no idea what it is!! I'm hoping it won't be too bad, fingers crossed! Is it as bad as you think it's going to be or do am I just making it out to be 100x worse in my head?! Do you like Notts??
Thank you that's really helpful, I'll have to get my brain in gear and start thinking about it!!!
Hopefully will be seeing you in September, would make m me an extremely happy girl!!
Ashley
Reply 9
I have absolutely no idea what it is!! I'm hoping it won't be too bad, fingers crossed! Is it as bad as you think it's going to be or do am I just making it out to be 100x worse in my head?! Do you like Notts??
Thank you that's really helpful, I'll have to get my brain in gear and start thinking about it!!!
Hopefully will be seeing you in September, would make m me an extremely happy girl!!
Ashley

Good luck!! u will be fine just be confident and u can blag through loads!
Yea I really like Notts, cause originally my firm choice was Keele as when I applied for uni I knew I wouldnt get ABB so I didnt even apply to Notts initially. As my course now is a foundation year that goes to nottingham I have had a few visits and it looks so cool

The students there have said to buy an anatomy pocket book and just learn muscles and bones cause it was a shock when they first went and the amount u have to know,
I hope u get the offer! its a brill uni! What other unis have u applied to? what subjects do u do atm? x
Reply 10
Thank you!! That's what I am hoping as long as I know a lil bit about what I am talking about it will be OK!!!
What did you get? Yeh, I absolutely loved it when I looked round so hopefully it will go OK!
Oh mayn, its going to be such a shock going from A-levels to Uni!
I have applied to Birmingham, Liverpool, UEA and Leeds Met but not really feeling Leeds Met and Liverpool and Birmingham rejected me!!! I am doign Sport, Psychology and Human Biology! What did you do??
X
Reply 11
Thank you!! That's what I am hoping as long as I know a lil bit about what I am talking about it will be OK!!!
What did you get? Yeh, I absolutely loved it when I looked round so hopefully it will go OK!
Oh mayn, its going to be such a shock going from A-levels to Uni!
I have applied to Birmingham, Liverpool, UEA and Leeds Met but not really feeling Leeds Met and Liverpool and Birmingham rejected me!!! I am doign Sport, Psychology and Human Biology! What did you do??
X

Hey! yea im sure u will be ok!
I didnt do so well in my Alevels so I chose this health cert course in Lincoln for one year as my insurance if things go wrong. Its basically Nottingham's course but its taught at Lincoln, its just like a first year of biomed sorta stuff, general biology, some random psychology, chem stuff. But its quite hard as I have to achieve a 2:1 overall to progress into Nottingham!
We take visits to nottignham every now anda gain to see the physios and they all said its a massive jump. they recommended me a book to read and learn over summer cause the amount of bones and muscles u need to know goes WAY beyond Alevel PE and Bio

I appleid for orignally Keele, Lincoln/Notts, Leeds, Kings College and St Georges, I got all my offers except St georges but i wasnt too keep on leeds i just wrote it in to fill up the choices. Oh and my Alevel subs were Biology, PE and Communication and Culture Studies x
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jbu

Hey, can you tell me what the written task was all about? I have no idea how to prepare/what to even do?

good luck with the rest of your replies
Reply 13
Hi everyone - quite excited about my interview @ Nottingham on the 21st of February.
It was the only university open day I was unable to attend - should I try arrange a campus visit?
In terms of the university itself, it is highly regarded as a good institution to study a health related subject - fingers crossed!
Original post by rm17
Hi I've heard it's really nice, I'm excited to see it :smile: I have mine on the 17th, am so so nervous! :s-smilie: how did yours go? I'm so scared for the reflective task, can't really prepare for it. I don't have any offers yet :frown: I have interviews for northumbria and nottingham though which is better than nothing! do you have any offers?

Hey i have my interview on the 17th too! What time is your interview? I might see you there! haha
Reply 15
Original post by hshdr
Hi everyone - quite excited about my interview @ Nottingham on the 21st of February.
It was the only university open day I was unable to attend - should I try arrange a campus visit?
In terms of the university itself, it is highly regarded as a good institution to study a health related subject - fingers crossed!

Heya! good luck! I think defo go have another look at city hospital campus where the lessons are all held, maybe u can sit in on one of the practical lectures? which i know are on thurs and fridays.
Dont bother visiting university campus as nothing is held there unless u want to see the accommodation? but all on campus accom are catered, so depending on what u like really.
The university is one of the top universities anyway and as for physio there isnt really a league for it but Notts seems really good. All the first years i saw, within about 8 weeks of starting uni, knew soooo much and the teaching was really good!
Reply 16
I have interview here but I have an offer from Birmingham. I couldn't fault Birmingham so the only reason I can think of that Nottingham is better would be reputation? They both seem to be equal in terms of academia. I haven't been to an open day but at Nottingham the teaching is off campus do you think this would be annoying? Just wondering if anyone else has applied to both Nottingham and Birmingham as if I do get an offer from Nottingham Iwill find it hard to choose between the two!
Reply 17
Hi, I have an interview for nottingham tomorrow but also have an offer from Bham. Not really sure which is better to be honest. I wish there was some sort of league table system! Birmingham was really nice when I went, but I think Nottingham might be more popular, not sure which i'll pick, depends if I get an offer from notts!!
Reply 18
Original post by Aliceeeee
Hi, I have an interview for nottingham tomorrow but also have an offer from Bham. Not really sure which is better to be honest. I wish there was some sort of league table system! Birmingham was really nice when I went, but I think Nottingham might be more popular, not sure which i'll pick, depends if I get an offer from notts!!

The fact that it's taught off campus is putting me off! I'm sort of hoping for a rejection so that I won't have to decide :P
Reply 19
There is no placement during the first year is this correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending