The Student Room Group

Engineering Mathematics (Bristol)

Hi, I posted this in the University of Bristol forum, but that's not very active and I need to reply to the University quickly.

I've just received a letter telling me that I'm no longer being considered for a place on the Engineering Design program, but that they haven't rejected me from the Engineering Department as a whole due to the 'standard of applications received this year'.

They've told me I can have my application forwarded to either Engineering Mathematics or Electronic Engineering. Does anyone know anything about/ have any experience of either of these courses, especially Engineering mathematics.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by OneInSolidarity
Hi, I posted this in the University of Bristol forum, but that's not very active and I need to reply to the University quickly.

I've just received a letter telling me that I'm no longer being considered for a place on the Engineering Design program, but that they haven't rejected me from the Engineering Department as a whole due to the 'standard of applications received this year'.

They've told me I can have my application forwarded to either Engineering Mathematics or Electronic Engineering. Does anyone know anything about/ have any experience of either of these courses, especially Engineering mathematics.

Thanks

Nope but my second cousin in law is an EEE professor at Bristol perhaps I could ask him for you and he could shed some light?
Reply 2
Original post by OneInSolidarity

Thanks

My brother is doing Electronic Engineering (but at Southampton) and my best friend is doing Engineering and Mathmatics in Bristol. I know this much without asking them, both very different courses, my brother loves it but he really likes the programming and practical circuit making and stuff, of which there is way more. The course involves practically no 'orthodox' engineering, bridges cars etc. Also I think there's usually more money at the end of Electronic Engineering.

My friend doing engineering mathematics also likes her course, obviously a lot more pure maths in it, and lots of stats, and it involves alot more of the general engineering course, so depends what youre looking for.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Félix_x
Nope but my second cousin in law is an EEE professor at Bristol perhaps I could ask him for you and he could shed some light?

That'd be really helpful thanks :biggrin:
how good is Bristol for EEE? im holding an unconditional offer & I've got my heart set on it, but id just like to ask anyway =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending