The Student Room Group

Girls Doing Computer Science! :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by noobynoo
RU sure? Computer science students are losing their jobs as its all farmed out to india for peanuts.

Accountancy firms and business consultancies are outsourcing to India these days?

Well bugger me.
Reply 261

I wasn't talking about games programming, but web and mobile development - HTML, CSS, etc. Plus, there's a certain amount of creativity that goes into things like algorithm design, etc.
Reply 262
programming isn't creative.

all the creative bits like the artwork, the music, the level design, the game design etc. are done by other people and the programmer just writes the code from a document. mostly anyhow. they are treated like donkeys.

Funnily enough it's more common to outsource artwork to place like India than it is to outsource programming for games. For game programmers, you don't really have to worry about being replaced by Indians, it's the Canadians you have to watch out for.
Reply 263
I am currently in my last year of college in IT and have been doing it for 3 years

But yes i am currently the only girl on my course :frown: surrounded by 20 males!
to be honest though i couldn't picture doing another course and i have been accepted to do Computer Forensics at Sunderland :biggrin:

Kind of hope there are more girls in this class :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending