The Student Room Group

Anyone applied to RGU or Strathclyde for Pharmacy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I got a conditional for RGU but havent heard from Strathclyde. RGU were really quick with getting back to me, they sent me the offer like 2 weeks after i sent my app away. Think RGU will be my firm, seems like a good place for like community/hospital pharmacy since its very patient focused which is what i want to do if i get in :smile:
Original post by Mdasmith1
I got a conditional for RGU but havent heard from Strathclyde. RGU were really quick with getting back to me, they sent me the offer like 2 weeks after i sent my app away. Think RGU will be my firm, seems like a good place for like community/hospital pharmacy since its very patient focused which is what i want to do if i get in :smile:

what was your conditional? Ps: if you don't mind, what were your grades in S5?
Original post by Jackie225

Just wondering, why you interested in knowing other peoples grades when you alreadyhave an offer? :tongue:
I don't have an offer from strathclyde yet.
Ps: i just want to compared with others so that i can get a vauge idea of how competitive the course is and what sort of grades has every1 got, who has applied for Pharmacy this year :P
Reply 84
Original post by Jackie225

I got:
Higher English: A Higher Human Biology: A Higher Administration: A and i got a D for Higher maths. But im doing maths again this year. However RGU want a B in physics rather than maths cause when i spoke to the admissions tutor she said they accept maths or physics and they want a B in Chemistry from my subjects this year too. :smile: but im convinced it was my personal statement that got me the offer hahaa.
Reply 85
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Just wondering, why you interested in knowing other peoples grades when you alreadyhave an offer? :tongue:

I remember you! You helped me with my Biology introduction about seeds and wavelengths of light :smile: Are you applying to RGU?
Original post by ChoccyLovaa
I remember you! You helped me with my Biology introduction about seeds and wavelengths of light :smile: Are you applying to RGU?

Ohh was that you??! I remember :biggrin:. How's it goin'? ^is it making more sense now and/or working? :tongue:

And yeah, I'm in.. Might see you then :smile:

^is anyone going to any of the applcant days in March?
I got:
Higher English: A Higher Human Biology: A Higher Administration: A and i got a D for Higher maths. But im doing maths again this year. However RGU want a B in physics rather than maths cause when i spoke to the admissions tutor she said they accept maths or physics and they want a B in Chemistry from my subjects this year too. :smile: but im convinced it was my personal statement that got me the offer hahaa.

My friend has been working in a pharmacy for 3 years and a pharmacist wrote her reference. So that side of her Ucas application ^is probably pretty good. Yet she has no reply and people who have admitted their PS was directed at optometry have offers.
I think they're just interested in grades :tongue:. Which ^is fair enough.
-your grades aren't too bad :smile:
Reply 88
Ohh was that you??! I remember :biggrin:. How's it goin'? ^is it making more sense now and/or working? :tongue:

And yeah, I'm in.. Might see you then :smile:

^is anyone going to any of the applcant days in March?

All good you? Hahaha I basically made up half my results cause my experiment didn't work. First draft for the investigation is due for tomorrow so got most of it typed up :biggrin: Are you on your gap year this year and did you get an unconditional?
Hey :smile: got a conditional from rgu about 2 days ago, im so happy! Well that's if I get the grades haha. Just wondering who's going to the applicant days in march?
(edited 13 years ago)
All good you? Hahaha I basically made up half my results cause my experiment didn't work. First draft for the investigation is due for tomorrow so got most of it typed up :biggrin: Are you on your gap year this year and did you get an unconditional?

Yeah not too shabby.
Haha that's the spirtit! :biggrin: I did that too :cool:
I'm at St Andrews right now :smile: and yehh
Reply 91
Yeah not too shabby.
Haha that's the spirtit! :biggrin: I did that too :cool:
I'm at St Andrews right now :smile: and yehh

Oh cool :biggrin: Well most likely I'm going to RGU cause I'm pretty sure Aberdeen will reject me for medicine.
Oh cool :biggrin: Well most likely I'm going to RGU cause I'm pretty sure Aberdeen will reject me for medicine.

Well I don't know how, but my friend got a conditional last year and he got AABBC in his 5th year results. (I know, it's shocking.. I'm surprised he still applied to medicine..) but I don't think he met the conditions. But still, after I heard this, anything is possible.

This is assuming he wasn't lying, which I don't think he was.
Reply 93
Well I don't know how, but my friend got a conditional last year and he got AABBC in his 5th year results. (I know, it's shocking.. I'm surprised he still applied to medicine..) but I don't think he met the conditions. But still, after I heard this, anything is possible.

This is assuming he wasn't lying, which I don't think he was.

WOW! That's amazing he got an unconditional. I really hope they give me an interview, but if not life goes on. I always have Pharmacy woop woop:biggrin:
Reply 94

My friend has been working in a pharmacy for 3 years and a pharmacist wrote her reference. So that side of her Ucas application ^is probably pretty good. Yet she has no reply and people who have admitted their PS was directed at optometry have offers.
I think they're just interested in grades :tongue:. Which ^is fair enough.
-your grades aren't too bad :smile:

Yeah i see what you mean. I just thought people would have much better grades than me cause when i went to the open day last november i heard folk saying they had five A's and i didnt think they would like that i didnt pass maths last year hahaa.

Im going to the applicant day at RGU on the 5th of march, anyone else going?:smile:
Yeah i see what you mean. I just thought people would have much better grades than me cause when i went to the open day last november i heard folk saying they had five A's and i didnt think they would like that i didnt pass maths last year hahaa.

Im going to the applicant day at RGU on the 5th of march, anyone else going?:smile:

I might go to it. I am a graduate that has applied for pharmacy at RGU. Got an Unconditional offer. If I fail to get into medicine, then pharmacy it is.

My first choice is medicine though. Just hope that I get an interview with Aberdeen uni.

Does anyone here know what the employment prospects are for pharmacy at RGU. I have heard that it is 100 percent, and that everyone manages to get a pre-reg place and a job afterwards.
Reply 96
Original post by firestar101
I might go to it. I am a graduate that has applied for pharmacy at RGU. Got an Unconditional offer. If I fail to get into medicine, then pharmacy it is.

My first choice is medicine though. Just hope that I get an interview with Aberdeen uni.

Does anyone here know what the employment prospects are for pharmacy at RGU. I have heard that it is 100 percent, and that everyone manages to get a pre-reg place and a job afterwards.

Pharmacy has quite good job prospects! well at the momment anyway. I've heard from my manager and locum pharmacists that RGU gets a good name especially for the community side of pharmacy :smile:

It was probably the medics who are using it as a back-up you were hearing :tongue: although some people will :smile:

Original post by firestar101

Well that's what I heard.
There are 123 students in my year excluding OSPAP's (overseas pharmacists doing masters modules prior to registration as uk pharmacists) and pretty much everyone has a pre-registration job sorted bar maybe one or two people. There are still pre-reg jobs available mind so it's not as if they can't get a job.

Once you register with the GPhC then you will be able to find employment. I can guarantee you this.
Original post by Caponester
There are 123 students in my year excluding OSPAP's (overseas pharmacists doing masters modules prior to registration as uk pharmacists) and pretty much everyone has a pre-registration job sorted bar maybe one or two people. There are still pre-reg jobs available mind so it's not as if they can't get a job.

Once you register with the GPhC then you will be able to find employment. I can guarantee you this.

What kind of Pharmacist are you wanting to be? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending