The Student Room Group

(URGENT) question, Central St Martins Fine Art

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone actually received an unsuccessful yet? I haven't heard anything since sending off my mini-portfolio (which I later found out I had done wrong :frown:) just worried the whole process is gunna take forever!! Sounds sad but I'm literally obsessed with this forum atm! Seeing whose getting replies etc, but I was reading last years posts about CSM ba in fine art and saw that some people didn't find out till July whether they got a place! Wish they would just put me outta my misery if it's an unsuccessful cause I may need to go through ucas extra and the courses are going to get taken up!
Reply 21
Original post by cocacola123
Has anyone actually received an unsuccessful yet? I haven't heard anything since sending off my mini-portfolio (which I later found out I had done wrong :frown:) just worried the whole process is gunna take forever!! Sounds sad but I'm literally obsessed with this forum atm! Seeing whose getting replies etc, but I was reading last years posts about CSM ba in fine art and saw that some people didn't find out till July whether they got a place! Wish they would just put me outta my misery if it's an unsuccessful cause I may need to go through ucas extra and the courses are going to get taken up!

Me too - heard nothing since mini-folio, that is. I've almost stopped thinking on it with all this stress waiting for the Scottish ones. I've seen really quite a few people getting reviews though, I can only think that they get so many applicants, and a lot of people (or maybe just me) submitted really quite late/on the deadline.
Reply 22
Original post by Zhexi
Me too - heard nothing since mini-folio, that is. I've almost stopped thinking on it with all this stress waiting for the Scottish ones. I've seen really quite a few people getting reviews though, I can only think that they get so many applicants, and a lot of people (or maybe just me) submitted really quite late/on the deadline.

By any chance, would you know if EU applicants have to send a full portfolio straight away or just the mini-portfolio (which i did) and then wait for a reply from CSM telling me to send the full portfolio? I've tried looking around but can't really get any answers and CSM is not answering my email.
Original post by Zhexi

I submitted on the deadline and had my reveiw on the 16th feb.... i think its abit of pot luck as to when ur reveiw is tbh....
Reply 24
I was lucky enough to get an interview on Feb 16th through the portfolio review. I was mincing my words and so nervous and as soon as I walked out of there I thought of many extra things to say. The man was slightly rude but the woman very nice. I am just waiting for a reply now- its been exactly three weeks. Has anybody got accepted yet? I hate waiting, it's driving me crazy! Many thanks :-)

P.S I know somebody who has yet to receive a portfolio review and also someone who didn't get accepted- good luck to all
Original post by yesmate
I was lucky enough to get an interview on Feb 16th through the portfolio review. I was mincing my words and so nervous and as soon as I walked out of there I thought of many extra things to say. The man was slightly rude but the woman very nice. I am just waiting for a reply now- its been exactly three weeks. Has anybody got accepted yet? I hate waiting, it's driving me crazy! Many thanks :-)

P.S I know somebody who has yet to receive a portfolio review and also someone who didn't get accepted- good luck to all

So you know someone who has already been rejected for this year's BA in Fine Art? Sorry just to clarrify! I've still heard nothing.. hoping theres hope left :s-smilie:
Reply 26
cocacola i feel exactly the way u do i am starting to find it really difficult to stay positive, i think i've been rejected but they're gona release it at the end but if yesmate knows someone who was unsuccessful than maybe not :s-smilie:
Got rejected this morning :frown: was expecting it anyway as it's been so long since I sent off the mini-folio and I haven't done foundation. Just makes me wonder whether it's worth doing A level art anymore as the grades don't seem to mean anything when it comes to getting onto an art degree. I almost got 100% for art A level yet I've got no offers from anywhere!! I hate the criteria for A level anyway and just want to do my own thing. People who have done foundation... Do A level art grades really matter? And all the people with offers, did you all get an A?
Reply 28
Got rejected this morning :frown: was expecting it anyway as it's been so long since I sent off the mini-folio and I haven't done foundation. Just makes me wonder whether it's worth doing A level art anymore as the grades don't seem to mean anything when it comes to getting onto an art degree. I almost got 100% for art A level yet I've got no offers from anywhere!! I hate the criteria for A level anyway and just want to do my own thing. People who have done foundation... Do A level art grades really matter? And all the people with offers, did you all get an A?

I am really sorry, tbh i really learned during my foundation that alevels just dont cut it anymore. the people that i know that got into chelsea/csm have done a foundation and achieved A*/A respectively in their alevel. I got an A at a level but still have no offers and i am doing a foundation too but i did already get rejected from goldsmith so it so subjective you just dont know. Where else did u apply n did u apply for a foundation at CSM.
Yeah I've also applied to the foundation too but they are taking absolutely ages to reply! I know now that there was alot wrong with my portfolio, it was all A level stuff which I work on everyday so I haven't had anytime to do independent stuff! Just feels like its all been such a waste of time now! Like I'm going to end up with a good grade for a level but no offers so it pretty much means nothing. Where are you doing foundation? Ive only applied to one so I've got no idea what to do if I don't get into CSM!!
Reply 30
Yeah I've also applied to the foundation too but they are taking absolutely ages to reply! I know now that there was alot wrong with my portfolio, it was all A level stuff which I work on everyday so I haven't had anytime to do independent stuff! Just feels like its all been such a waste of time now! Like I'm going to end up with a good grade for a level but no offers so it pretty much means nothing. Where are you doing foundation? Ive only applied to one so I've got no idea what to do if I don't get into CSM!!

I am doing my foundation in a local college, i didnt apply to do it in a uni (LONG STORY) but i love it so maybe u should try local colleges to. I dont think its to late to apply to other universities why dont u ring a few of them and see if they still accept applications. try kingston, uca ect....
i never did my A levels, only AS, and I didn't do AS art. i went to do foundation at a local college instead of finishing my A levels. I've just got in to do BA fine art at CSM. Foundation is definately worth it.
Reply 32
Original post by JoLaundrette
i never did my A levels, only AS, and I didn't do AS art. i went to do foundation at a local college instead of finishing my A levels. I've just got in to do BA fine art at CSM. Foundation is definately worth it.

WELL DONE, do u mind me asking when was ur folio review. I am still waiting :/
Thanks! :biggrin:

It was on Feb 16th, the afternoon session, i had an interview.

Good luck!
GOT CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR BA FINE ART AT CSM TODAY (my folio reveiw was on the 16th feb) good luck all....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by unbornvoices

Original post by unbornvoices
GOT CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR BA FINE ART AT CSM TODAY (my folio reveiw was on the 16th feb) good luck all....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yay!! i'm in too! were you the morning session or the afternoon?
afternoon kid so probably was in that odd silent wait in the lib with u :biggrin:
What's your name? did we meet?
im jake, not sure, did u wander up to sum pointless park while waiting for the verdict?
Yes i did! and it had a really ****ty slide and no swings! Did you come with us?

Quick Reply

Latest