The Student Room Group

how long is the application process for american unis

just wondering how long is the application process for applying to american universities? ive just recently started thinking about studying in the u.s and i know the application process can be tough but roughly how long?

Reply 1
Original post by lauren_lfc
just wondering how long is the application process for applying to american universities? ive just recently started thinking about studying in the u.s and i know the application process can be tough but roughly how long?

including sitting your SATs, about a year.
Reply 2
Original post by Jack5694
including sitting your SATs, about a year.

:smile: thanks for the reply
Reply 3
Yeah, you'll probs wanna prepare for the SATs for several months as it can take some time to get used to the types of questions they give - and you really wanna aim for the top marks in the SATs since it's so competitive.

And i hear the amount of paperwork takes quite a while since there's just loads of it..
Reply 4
Long.

LONG.

Depending on how many unis you apply to, writing amazing essays can take ages. It takes much longer going from good to amazing.
Depends on the college you are applying for. Usually, application deadlines are in December and decisions are given April/May.

Quick Reply

Latest