The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I haven't had one but my mom just got one yesterday. It's just a shot, nothing to worry about as long as your health is in good condition when you have it done :smile:
Btw, it's sort of ironic how you post this with all these birds in your sig :wink: Sorry, no offence :smile: I just noticed that :wink:
Reply 2
Gem
Has anyone had the Flu injection? I have it tomorrow and am a bit scared :afraid: I have to have it as my asthma has been really bad this year, but I'm still not keen on the idea :bawling: Please reassure me :frown: I'm a bit frightened :blush:

Yeah its all ok its just like any other injection
Reply 3
Gem
Has anyone had the Flu injection? I have it tomorrow and am a bit scared :afraid: I have to have it as my asthma has been really bad this year, but I'm still not keen on the idea :bawling: Please reassure me :frown: I'm a bit frightened :blush:

By the time you read this, it'll all be over. At least I hope so otherwise I'm going to look a bit of a pratt, aren't I? :biggrin:

Reply 4
Yay! It's over and it didn't hurt :smile: Although I did come home and sleep for 2 hours, which is a bit odd :confused:

Haha I felt weird in the waiting room, I was the youngest one there by about 50 years :redface:
Reply 5
Same here! Except with me it was at least 60 years - all of these old grannies kept looking at me really strangely. Aah - I hate being asthmatic... :frown:
Reply 6
yeps me had mine yest and didnt hurt a single bit jus like a teeny weeny prick- im asthmatic so had to hav it *rolls eyes*
Do people think it's a good idea to have it even if you're only mildly asthmatic and don't generally catch things? I got a note from the college nurse telling me to have it but my asthma is hardly noticeable, plus, as I said, I seem to have a fairly good immune system and don't even get colds usually. Good idea to have it, or shoudl i leave it for someone who probably needs it more?
Sorry to hijack your thread a little, gem! But is still vaguely on topic.
I can't see any reason not to get the jab. It will protect you and it is free. I had one even though I'm not asthmatic or anything, but I keep getting colds so I thought why the f*ck not! Also got MMR while there...I love freebies!! I think I'm immune to everything now!
Reply 9
I'm afraid you're mistaken...vaccines only protect against a single strain. The influenza virus mutates so quickly that a vaccine is usually rendered ineffective within a few months.
I'm supposed to have that as I am quite severely asthmatic...I never do though.Terrified of needles.

The last time I had it done I was crying my eyes out and the nurse told me to 'stop being so stupid.'

And I thought nursing was a caring profession.
Reply 11
tritogeneia1
Do people think it's a good idea to have it even if you're only mildly asthmatic and don't generally catch things? I got a note from the college nurse telling me to have it but my asthma is hardly noticeable, plus, as I said, I seem to have a fairly good immune system and don't even get colds usually. Good idea to have it, or shoudl i leave it for someone who probably needs it more?
Sorry to hijack your thread a little, gem! But is still vaguely on topic.

I guess it's different for everyone, but I guess it can't hurt to have the injection. I had to as my asthma has been getting a lot worse recently and my immune system is shot to pieces, so really I needed it!

Awww cherrychocolate :hugs: That nurse didn't sound very nice :frown:
Reply 12
No, i wish i could have one otherwise i will die off bird flu or increase the chances of it mutating.

Latest

Trending

Trending