Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    He was a more defensive midfielder than Parker.
    How can you be a more defensive midfielder than Parker!? The guy sat in front of the defense the whole season. There is a very good reason as to why he hasn't scored a goal for us yet! (apart from his lack of ability in that department).

Freund was very much in a similar mould, just not quite as good. But he was a legend because of his work rate and all round good bloke attitude.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK)
    How can you be a more defensive midfielder than Parker!? The guy sat in front of the defense the whole season. There is a very good reason as to why he hasn't scored a goal for us yet! (apart from his lack of ability in that department).
    Freund never scored, and he was there for a lot longer - over a hundred matches.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Adebayor on his way to signing on an agreed fee. Excellent news. I think we are pretty much complete in strengthening. If Modirc goes, we just need a replacement for him, and maybe a backup player to Bale/Lennon.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wonder how far this is going to set back the new stadium.. he surely can't have taken that much of a pay cut? This is Adebayor we're talking about.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Huge wages, I guess no other huge CF signing if this goes through.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Spurs are getting Adebayor for £6m. Although you probably offered him a £5m sign on bonus + 120k a week

Looking like Spurs are going to have the same problem as last year with no strength in depth. Decent first XI but very vulnerable to injuries/burnout...
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    In any case, I've got three games lined up for the next month, all away, can't wait to get started.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Can't believe Spurs are getting Adebayor for £6m. Although you probably offered him a £5m sign on bonus + 120k a week

Looking like Spurs are going to have the same problem as last year with no strength in depth. Decent first XI but very vulnerable to injuries/burnout...
    From what I've read Ade has taken a massive pay cut to "just" £100k a week. If that's true then a few people on TSR need to re-evaluate their characterisation of him.

I'm not sure we'll have the same problem as last season. For one thing we're not seeing any kind of mass exodus from WHL and yet we're bringing in new people so our squad is growing from that. Secondly, we'll hopefully be getting back Dawson and Huddlestone who were out all of last season. And thirdly, AVB might actually make use of some of the squad we do have while Redknapp very carefully cultivated his favourites and alienated and irritated everyone else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scottish Spur here, so just a part timer!

Anyway, I like the look of the side this season, especially with AVB at the helm. I believe he wasn't given enough time at Chelsea, and Levy seems to be giving him the financial backing to push for the CL spots again. My only worry would be the potential loss of Modric, the wee man is unreal, as shown at the Euros! Moutinho would be a strong replacement, but he could never fully fill the gap.

I feel Gylfi could pose a great replacement for VDV, if he were to leave though. He's an offensive midfielder with a great strike, and a true bargain at what we picked him up for.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think we currently lack cover up front and in the wide areas, should be fine at the back, especially if naughton stays.

Thinking about it, how many wide players do we actually have atm? Bale, Lennon, townsend, Pienaar (?)

I'm thinking pienaar will be leaving soon anyhow.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is saying Ledley is set to retire. Very sad
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @Glennith: We have Danny Rose as well, although he seems to play more as a left back now...

@rockrunride: He was an outstanding player at his prime, but retirements best for him. Would be nice to see him rejoin as a defensive coach, I'm sure he could do wonders in that role!
    • 35 followers

(Original post by SandyN)
    @Glennith: We have Danny Rose as well, although he seems to play more as a left back now...

@rockrunride: He was an outstanding player at his prime, but retirements best for him. Would be nice to see him rejoin as a defensive coach, I'm sure he could do wonders in that role!
    :football:

Quick tip - you can 'quote' people using the button that says so at the bottom of posts. :yy:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man, our online ticketing servers are ****e.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :football:

Quick tip - you can 'quote' people using the button that says so at the bottom of posts. :yy:
    Cheers
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gylfi's goal tonight was :coma: though he wouldn't get the time to turn in the box like that in a competitive match.

Andros Townsend was phenomenal, man of the match.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ledley has retired due to injury Hope we give him a testimonial...
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

What a tackle this was.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shame to see King retire, great defender
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe King's retired. You's should have just kept him but as a player/coach. When he's fit he's Englands best centre back. Even if he can only play 10 games a season.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 17, 2014
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.