The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

how did Crouch not get yellow carded tonight?!!!

Anyway, well done Spurs and 'arry.
Reply 261
Only watched bits of the match, but glad you lot are through :h:
AC Milan were clearly the better side and deserved to go through. can't believe one flukey goal sends them off the final 8. tottenham are **** to be honest, they're only wasting their time cause no way are they surviving the next round. they lost 3-1 to blackpool ffs.

EDIT: neg me all you want, i won't change my opinion. sorry boys
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 263
Crouch is a farce of a player. Done nothing but fouled the centrebacks all night, and, despite his frame, couldn't head the ball properly at all. He makes Tottenham play like Stoke (although that would be a disservice to Carew, who actually has skill on the ball), encouraging long balls over the top which completely bypass the considerable talents of Modric and VDV.

Anyone else think Sandro looks like Ricky Kaka? Anyway, the Brazilian was very good tonight, as was Gallas.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 264
Original post by the dildo bazooka
AC Milan were clearly the better side and deserved to go through. can't believe one flukey goal sends them off the final 8. tottenham are **** to be honest, they're only wasting their time cause no way are they surviving the next round. they lost 3-1 to blackpool ffs.

EDIT: neg me all you want, i won't change my opinion. sorry boys

Pick a few results that didn't go Arsenals way this season and I can say the same thing:tongue:... OMG they lost at home to Newcastle, West Brom, and that rubbish team I can't remember the name of.........................umm.........yer.................. SPURS:biggrin:.

We snuck an away Goal and were slightly better than them on thier own ground... even though our team was largely depleated, at least three first choice players didn't start each game. We kept tight, and although we were outplayed in the first half did what we had to do at WHL and are now in the quaters where no-one wants to draw us.
Reply 265
Original post by Beneb
Crouch is a farce of a player. Done nothing but fouled the centrebacks all night, and, despite his frame, couldn't head the ball properly at all. He makes Tottenham play like Stoke (although that would be a disservice to Carew, who actually has skill on the ball), encouraging long balls over the top which completely bypass the considerable talents of Modric and VDV.

Crouch can't do anything though ffs, when he jumps for it players just back into him so it looks like he's climbing, and the refs give fouls every time when he's clearly the one being fouled:angry:.
Reply 266
Original post by jklmn
[we] are now in the quaters where no-one wants to draw us.

Except Barcelona.
Original post by jklmn
Pick a few results that didn't go Arsenals way this season and I can say the same thing:tongue:... OMG they lost at home to Newcastle, West Brom, and that rubbish team I can't remember the name
i don't support arsenal, i don't know where you got that from. i judge a team based on the football they play, not the scoreline. arsenal are the most entertaining team to watch in the premier league, and could have potentially knocked out barcelona (despite being completely thrashed in the second half). didn't they draw 4-4 to newcastle AWAY? don't know about the west brom game though. they lost to birmingham city too in the carling cup final but they were the better side there - they lost because of a silly error. all tottenham do is cross it to the 11 foot tall crouch and hope that he gets it in the back of the net.

arsenal > tottenham

Original post by jklmn
We snuck an away Goal and were slightly better than them on thier own ground... even though our team was largely depleated, at least three first choice players didn't start each game.
wow spurs fans are so gassed up lol. you weren't slightly better than them on their own ground. you dominated the first 10-15 minutes (although once again all that was happening was lobbing the ball to a giant in the penaulty area), and that was it. that was the only time you were better than milan, the rest of the first half was neutral, then the second half was all milan. you won because (a) ibrahimovic stupidly pushed dawson when he didn't need to - hence the disallowed goal, (b) gomez was on fire. saved 2 crazy headers from yepez and (c) you got a very lucky break

your team was largely depleted? you were missing bale, and that's pretty much it lol. milan were missing pirlo and cassano (two players that could have made a big difference) and had a big midfield problem. they were forced to play thiago silva out of defence and into the big boy zone. i'm glad flamini and gattuso showed spurs whats good.

you say you were slightly better than them on their own ground, but they were A LOT better than you on your own ground. spurs are just fluke artists - fluking against inter, arsenal, and now milan. it's annoying because they don't deserve any of these wins.

Original post by jklmn
We kept tight, and although we were outplayed in the first half did...
mate, you were outplayed the whole game lol. don't even try telling me you were the better side in the second half or some bull **** like that... milan were the better side in every aspect of the game and it was crystal clear this time round
(edited 13 years ago)
That was a long post for a WUM :confused:
Milan have lost their touch so badly in the last 5-10 years, I must say.

Please draw Barcelona in the QFs. Pleeeeeeeease? :king3:
Reply 270
Original post by rockrunride
That was a long post for a WUM :confused:

Some people like to put effort into being a WUM. Or he's just not got anything better to do. :K:

Only came in here to say congrats, I didn't think you'd make it...Milan had a few really good opportunities.
Milan have improved, tbh, compared to last year and the year before that probably. At least their team isn't full of grandads anymore and they have been very impressive in Serie A.
Original post by Mastermind`

Original post by Mastermind`
Milan have improved, tbh, compared to last year and the year before that probably. At least their team isn't full of grandads anymore and they have been very impressive in Serie A.

Nesta 35
Seedorf 30 odd
Gattuso 30 odd
Even ibra is getting on
Original post by bigmo7
Some people like to put effort into being a WUM. Or he's just not got anything better to do. :K:

Only came in here to say congrats, I didn't think you'd make it...Milan had a few really good opportunities.

:hi: :smile:
Original post by rorydaredking
Nesta 35
Seedorf 30 odd
Gattuso 30 odd
Even ibra is getting on

haha Ridiculous. Chelsea: Cole, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Alex etc

Man Utd: van der sar, Giggs, Scholes, Owen, Hargreaves etc

Milan, like Man Utd and Chelsea, are rejuvenating their squad.
Original post by Phonicsdude

haha Ridiculous. Chelsea: Cole, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Alex etc

Man Utd: van der sar, Giggs, Scholes, Owen, Hargreaves etc

Milan, like Man Utd and Chelsea, are rejuvenating their squad.

I didnt say that other teams werent old, just that milan's was
Reply 276
Original post by jermaindefoe
:hi: :smile:

:colonhash: Stalker.
Original post by rorydaredking
I didnt say that other teams werent old, just that milan's was

You were denying their team arent fill of grandads. but they arent. so youre wrong. jog on.

You were denying their team arent fill of grandads. but they arent. so youre wrong. jog on.

Abbiati 34
Nesta 35
Seedorf 35
Gattuso 33
Pirlo 32
Ibra 30
6 out of 11 30+ in case you cant count. I dont even care I was just giving my opinion
Pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Latest