Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    We'll rarely fill it. The season ticket waiting list is 30000+ in crude numbers but I doubt all of them would take a ST if offered tomorrow.
    Don't forget that a lot of people are unwilling to commit to a season ticket for various reasons.

West Ham have a 60k stadium on the way as well and I think the situation with Spurs is the same as theirs - it depends on how the club is doing on the pitch. A lot of floating fans/JCLs/corporates (delete as appropriate) will simply pick whichever club is more successful. West Ham have more to worry about than Spurs on this front.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who are Spurs even rumoured to be signing? Aside from Bony.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBallWinner)
    Who are Spurs even rumoured to be signing? Aside from Bony.
    Davies. There was a rumour about Draxler but that won't happen. Spurs desperately need a left wing and another centre back as well as a striker.

They've got serious work to do!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I always love keeping an eye on Spurs so I hope they do well.

I do however, think Soldado will shine this season. Not sure why he didn't score more last season.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    We'll rarely fill it. The season ticket waiting list is 30000+ in crude numbers but I doubt all of them would take a ST if offered tomorrow.

(Original post by sr90)
    Don't forget that a lot of people are unwilling to commit to a season ticket for various reasons.

West Ham have a 60k stadium on the way as well and I think the situation with Spurs is the same as theirs - it depends on how the club is doing on the pitch. A lot of floating fans/JCLs/corporates (delete as appropriate) will simply pick whichever club is more successful. West Ham have more to worry about than Spurs on this front.
    Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every League and Champions League match we play.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    Davies. There was a rumour about Draxler but that won't happen. Spurs desperately need a left wing and another centre back as well as a striker.

They've got serious work to do!
    I agree, but not in that way. Imo if Spurs can hold out this transfer window without a single signing, but also not let anyone go, would consider it a success.

The team were injury plagued horrifically last season there were points where we were literally playing a second team. However of course if Levy could somehow offload Soldado for 15+ million, that would be great... But wouldn't a left back be better than anywhere else? I mean we have Zeki Fryers and Rose who are pretty bad tbh, and Jan can play there but it's a waste of his talent. Granted he had a bad season this year but I think he had a falling out with Sherwood, iirc. And going from one of the best centre halves in the league last season and being replaced next season must be pretty demoralising
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great to see we've finally signed Davies, much needed signing. Nice to have Vorm as well, I can only assume Pochettino plans on rotating the squad a bit for the cups.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every Champions League match we play.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every League and Champions League match we play.
    You don't have Champions League football..
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well done, you deliberatly misquoted me to make a bad point. Congrats.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    You don't have Champions League football..
    That's not to say we won't in 2017 or whenever the stadium eventually opens. We've finished 4th twice, no reason to think it can't happen again (or that we can't win the Europa League). Not saying it's guaranteed, but it's equally foolish to call it impossible.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2014
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.