The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
You've got to say that Carroll doesn't have a future at White Hart Lane, though. Surely? The guy's 23 years old now.

Agreed. The fans have the affinity as he's a youth product, but the small scale appearances 3-4 years ago were okay as he was a growing prospect, not so now. Alli is four years younger than him and fulfils a similar role. For the sake of his own future I think he should leave asap.

I thought Lamela was exceptional last night, but your whole team was. They are really buying into your manager's work ethic. You've effectively eradicated individual errors, and lapses of concentration, which made Spurs so Spurs-y for so long.

Yep - I was slightly disappointed with Son though.

Original post by Zerforax
Must be starting to feel confident about top 4? Playing some good football and seem to have some depth at last.

Last night was a brilliant demonstration of depth. No Eriksen, Vertonghen, Walker or Kane, and Alli didn't start. Reminds me of the changes we made to the Europa side towards the end of the Redknapp era, except Kevin Wimmer is far better than Sebastien Bassong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride

Yep - I was slightly disappointed with Son though.

Agreed. His touch seemed heavy and he was off the pace, but that's no hard to resonate with giving the stop/start nature of his season thus far. Sensible to give Kane a rest, and you didn't even need him.
****ing bottle job. Bunch of *****.
****ing bottle job. Bunch of *****.

:lol:
:rofl:
Original post by UnWise
:lol:

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:rofl:

In time I'll laugh about it too :emo:
In fairness, Liverpool and Man Utd are just as bad.
Will thread creater ever update the OP?
Just a poor performance. You don't know how much the Europa League affects sides, but today was a very un-Pochetinno like performance from Tottenham.

Newcastle looked lively and up for it. It's mad they've won every single televised game they've taken far in during this season. I saw a winner coming for them, and it duly happened.
We were shocking today. Looked off the pace from goalkeeper to striker . :frown:
Original post by Mackay
Lyrical Prodigy has gone rogue, lads.

idk what this means :emo:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
idk what this means :emo:

Just kidding. I was implying that post on the previous page was by you.
Original post by Mackay
Just kidding. I was implying that post on the previous page was by you.

Ohhh :tongue:
Lloris' errors were so gaping and costly today. Of course, every goalkeeper makes them but it's a shame two came in one match for him. I don't think Alli can be relied upon for retaining the ball and shifting it quickly. It seems he and Dier were both remarkably off the pace today.

In general, Spurs' performances have taken a dip recently. I imagine it's to do with the shallow squad and the intensity of playing in all competitions.
Pretty much what I was saying a few weeks ago.
Spurs get Fiorentina in the next round of the EL.
what did you guys think of the newcastle game
what did you guys think of the newcastle gam
Original post by Mackay
Spurs get Fiorentina in the next round of the EL.

Decided to go to this and throw a trip to Rome in as well :biggrin:

Hopefully without Soldado, we'll convert our chances.
Decided to go to this and throw a trip to Rome in as well :biggrin:

Hopefully without Soldado, we'll convert our chances.

Florence - and Tuscany in general - is a beautiful part of the world. Enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest