The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

So glad I missed the second half. How many league games is that this season when we've been ahead and tried our hardest to throw it away?
I groaned on the confirmation that this Spurs was exactly the same as the one that turned out last week against QPR, what with the carbon-copy goal. Nice to see Aaron properly back now though and JD getting on the scoresheet. He nearly warrants selection over Adebayor, if the latter didn't contribute so much to the build-up.

On a lighter note, I've finally found my favourite football-watching pub: The Doric Arch at Euston.
Adebayor what's going on mannnnn
Reply 1023
Original post by BobbyDazzler-
Adebayor what's going on mannnnn

His link up play is one of the main reasons why we are scoring 2/3 goals a game....

Did you see that pass to Walker :colone:
Reply 1024
Ade is quality at getting the team involved and he knows how to pick a pass! If it's not broke then don't fix it!

Plus since him and Parker came into the side were unbeaten!
Apparently yous spied on the 2012 board - Levy really really doesn't like the Tottenham area, does he?
Reply 1026
Original post by Kevmeister
Apparently yous spied on the 2012 board - Levy really really doesn't like the Tottenham area, does he?

Sounds like the OPLC is just angry that we caught them cheating.
Original post by dn013
Sounds like the OPLC is just angry that we caught them cheating.

If you caught them cheating then you'd have a case for retrieving costs spent on your bid..... and we all know Levy loves a court case.
Reply 1028
If you caught them cheating then you'd have a case for retrieving costs spent on your bid..... and we all know Levy loves a court case.

Well we have already achieved our club's second guiding principle:

When possible screw over West Ham. Scott Parker for 5m, Bentley, Keane, and now OPLC.
I hope you guys will keep your best players!! I've discovered Scott Parker as West ham games aren't broadcasted, this guy is a very good signing. Would like to see Defoe more often though.
He always plays amazingly when I go :coma:
Anyone else think he blow he took to the head looked a little intentional...

Steve Sidwell is ginger after all. :beard:

A hero. Not referring to Iniesta.
Original post by UniOfLife
Better to lose that game than send our top players on a 3,000-odd mile round trip two days before a League game. They'd never recover in time to put in a decent performance and the League must come first, I think.

True, but now the game against PAOK is very important. I agree the league is important but the revenue we get from Europa and other competitions is worthwhile. Considering we got knocked out by Stoke in League Cup too.
Original post by screamaimash
True, but now the game against PAOK is very important. I agree the league is important but the revenue we get from Europa and other competitions is worthwhile. Considering we got knocked out by Stoke in League Cup too.

Sure, it's a vital game if we want to progress. But it's a gamble. We're risking success in the Europa League for greater success in the Champion's League next year.

Personally I think Harry has taken the right approach here. If we would be playing our best players in the Europa League then our Premier League form would be suffering. No doubt. You can't play a game somewhere in central Asia on Thursday and then play at the top of your game on the Sunday. It's ludicrous. Plus, the younger players are getting really valuable experience as well.

If we beat Salonika at home we go through, basically. So we gamble our progress in the Europa League on that match. But that match is entirely winnable and we should win. So the risk is small and the potential rewards are much greater. It's a no brainer if you ask me.
Got a ticket to Stoke away. Have a feeling that it wasn't that popular with a 2850 allocation and going on general sale.
Reply 1036
Original post by rockrunride
Got a ticket to Stoke away. Have a feeling that it wasn't that popular with a 2850 allocation and going on general sale.

Will be a tough game, fun but tough...
"Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric has agreed terms on a new deal with the club, according to a report in the London Evening Standard.

It is believed that Modric will put pen to paper in the summer, in the process becoming Spurs' first £100,000-a-week player. The contract is incentivised, with Modric only able to net the maximum amount if the Londoners finish in the top four of the Premier League.

But Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who was helped by the fact Modric is contracted until 2016, refused to let the player go - and Levy now appears to have won the battle for the 26-year-old's signature. Tottenham hope the player will add an extra year to his existing deal.

Spurs' impressive form in the league this season has apparently caused the Croatia international to change his mind. Tottenham, unbeaten in eight league games, are level on points with Chelsea and have a game in hand on their London rivals.

Modric, who joined Tottenham in 2008 after leaving Dinamo Zagreb, has played nine times in the Premier League this season, contributing one goal and one assist."

Source: ESPN/Evening Standard

The part I put in bold is the most interesting.

Looks like a straight fight between Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool for the top four.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride

You're like a genius!
You're like a genius!

Save your irony :hand:

I just hope there will be 2850 Spurs fans in there.

Quick Reply

Latest