The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Unbelievable tekkers from Kranjcar.
Lol Gomes is always getting booked for wasting time.
Original post by jermaindefoe
in the pre match talk redknapp said a lot of the players out wont make champs league clash :lolwut: hopefully lies :biggrin:

anyway, pav starts as does krancjar - but 4 changes at the stadium of light doesnt fill me with confidence, i see a 2-1 loss

What did I tell you :sexface:

Harry needs to grovel to Niko now tbh. The team owes him big time.
Jermaine Jenas please don't try to take free kicks like Ronaldo.....
Original post by rockrunride
What did I tell you :sexface:

Harry needs to grovel to Niko now tbh. The team owes him big time.

:five:
Great to get another 3 points despite playing averagely. Kranjcar :coma: Was also impressed with Sandro

Sound like a broken record, but our strikers aren't adding much to the team tbh. Pav and Defoe are basically goal poachers- if they don't get the ball to feet (in space) in the box they're just there for a ride. Crouch is **** too, but at least he has the potential to win an important header one time out of five.
Original post by n1r4v
Pirlo out for your games.

I can see you crack a grin.

They'll be cracking a bigger grin as Bale is out, and Modric is extremely doubtful having had his appendix out last week.

We'll be relying on Rafa to get us an away goal methinks.
redknapp says bale might be fit for tuesday!
^Nope, I hear he's out now unfortunately.
If he can move, he'll be on the pitch imo.
I like milan and watch basically all their games, and their squad is in good shape. Pato and Nesta are back from injuries (to say nothing of robinho and ibrahimovic) yeah we'll need lots of luck.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Klinsmannic
^Nope, I hear he's out now unfortunately.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2011/02/13/2350755/tottenham-hotspur-manager-harry-redknapp-gareth-bale-could

redknapp said yesterday that he probably wouldnt be available but today he changed his mind
Original post by forsaken_earth
I like milan and watch basically all their games, and their squad is in good shape. Pato and Nesta are back from injuries (to say nothing of robinho and ibrahimovic) yeah we'll need lots of luck.

To put it quite bluntly we are going to get absolutely killed.

Then they come to the Lane a fortnight later and we kill them, just by more :borat:
To put it quite bluntly we are going to get absolutely killed.

Then they come to the Lane a fortnight later and we kill them, just by more :borat:

Yeah I was being nice. Like your plan though :wink:

Nil nil would be good, but Harry can't prepare a team to do that. (i.e. not an attacking strategy)

Ah i'm so excited nonetheless
Original post by forsaken_earth
Yeah I was being nice. Like your plan though :wink:

Nil nil would be good, but Harry can't prepare a team to do that. (i.e. not an attacking strategy)

Ah i'm so excited nonetheless

If we got nil-nil at the San Siro I quite honestly think I'd die of happiness.
If we got nil-nil at the San Siro I quite honestly think I'd die of happiness.

I'm so excited about tomorrow! (i'm a bit lame..) Not looking forward to having the **** kicked out of us, but it'll be a great game either way.
Reply 158
Interesting info I've been reading on the AC Milan line up on some blogs;

It's likely that Thiago Silva may actually start as midfielder anchor. A whole host of players are out, MVB is cup-tied and Allegri mentioned he could well start in midfield to the press. Instead Yepes will start in his place at CB and is probably more suited to dealing with Crouch; he's apparently very good in the air and powerful.

It's unlikely that Pato, Ibra and Robinho will all start as it hasn't worked well in previous games; it's more likely they'll use Seedorf behind Ibra and Robinho and have Pato on the bench as an attacking option.

So the most likely starting lineup seems to be:

Abbiati

Abate Nesta Yepes Antonini

Gattuso T. Silva Flamini

Seedorf

Robinho Ibrahimovic.

Other combinations could be Robinho instead of Seedorf behind Pato and Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva at CB and Sokratis as the anchor, T. Silva at CB and Merkel in midfield.
(edited 13 years ago)
I can't believe I'm at work.

:frown:
And I got a bleeding ticket! :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest