The Student Room Group

Problem with my reference

Hi everyone
On my reference it was mentioned by my referee that I will attend a Model United Nations in 2011, however due to certain circumstances, I now can't go.
What should I do about it? How will my unis react? Do they require proof of attending such events?
If the circumstances are valid just explain that you couldn't go, if asked that is. If you get an interview it might be worth emailing them prior to the occasion just to clarify, so they won't ask any questions that you will have to give an awkward "errr I can't go" answer to.
I wouldn't worry about it. I included that I was intending to read a particular book, but then someone else hired it from the library and lost it, and there was no way I was paying £80 to just buy a book. :lolwut:
Reply 3
thanks
do unis even ask for confirmation of extra-curriculars?
Original post by philippat
thanks
do unis even ask for confirmation of extra-curriculars?

Not really, but this is an excellent example of why I would never put things down which you intend to do and always state what you have done. It really doesn't matter to be honest, it's not a major thing and, if you are interviewed, just explain the situation briefly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending