The Student Room Group

Nursing diploma, what experience/qualifications ? Help!

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I'm just repeating other threads, but I was hoping for some advice on the diploma. I have two a levels (photography C, film studies C) 11 GCSEs nothing below a C, and a degree in visual culture 2:2. I worked at a nursing home whilst at college as a housekeeper and have been involved in the care of a close friend who was left severly disabled following a stroke.

I applied last week to Southampton, kings college, Greenwich, Surrey, and southbank. Does anyone here have/had interviews with the same kind of academic background as me? Or is anyone already on the diploma with this background?

I'm so, so excited about the prospect of becoming a nurse and am winding myself up with worry of not having the right experience. I think if I was lucky enough to be invited to interview it would be alright, just worried I won't be given the chance!

Please help with any advice.

Xxx
Reply 1
Nobody? :frown:
Reply 2
I have 3 ASlevels (CCE), 10 GCSEs and no experience whatsoever in health care.
My offer was unconditional, and i received that a week after my interview.

So with the fact that you have experience and good GCSE's then you should have a good chance.
Interview consists of a numeracy and a literacy test (both really easy) so i don't think you really have anything to worry about.

Good luck :smile: x
Reply 3
I also applied to King's College for the diploma (and the degree :colondollar:), and was invited for an interview there. It seemed pretty diverse with qualifications, some were doing their a levels, and a few others were on an Access course etc. You seem to have quite a few relevant experiences and a good academic background! I don't have a whole load of experience in healthcare myself (apart from being a carer for my mother who is disabled from a stroke, and being a member of St. John Ambulance). In terms of academic achievements I have 12 GCSE's, 2 AS and am working towards a BTEC national diploma in applied science.

Good luck with your application, I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest