The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
zima_01
how many people from your college applied?? i dont know, maybe the strong applicants get an offer straight away, the weak ones with a rejection and anyone in between might get put on hold until after ucas closes and theyve received all their applicants. im still hoping...

Around 30-40 people applied to Warwick from my college for Accounting and Finance, Business or Economics. And like I said only 3 have gotten replies.

chrissay88
i'm still waiting for a reply aswell. I keep thinkin they're gonna do a mass rejection! But i ain't too hopefull as i'm only doing 3 a-levels

I'm doing 3 A-levels, Maths, Econs, Accounting and Eng Lit at AS.. The guy that got rejected had Thinking Skills as his AS and that might the reason he got rejected cos like zimma said they have clearly stated that they do not accept TS and GS.

Good Luck guys!

--------------

But I'm considering Bristol over Warwick. Don't know whether that's a good idea.. *sigh*
Reply 61
zima_01
how many people from your college applied?? i dont know, maybe the strong applicants get an offer straight away, the weak ones with a rejection and anyone in between might get put on hold until after ucas closes and theyve received all their applicants. im still hoping...

Around 30-40 people applied to Warwick from my college for Accounting and Finance, Business or Economics. And like I said only 3 have gotten replies. :confused:

chrissay88
i'm still waiting for a reply aswell. I keep thinkin they're gonna do a mass rejection! But i ain't too hopefull as i'm only doing 3 a-levels

I'm doing 3 A-levels, Maths, Econs, Accounting and Eng Lit at AS.. The guy that got rejected had Thinking Skills as his AS and that might the reason he got rejected cos like zimma said they have clearly stated that they do not accept TS and GS.

Good Luck guys!

--------------

But I'm considering Bristol over Warwick. Don't know whether that's a good idea.. *sigh* :eek:
Reply 62
blurboy
Around 30-40 people applied to Warwick from my college for Accounting and Finance, Business or Economics. And like I said only 3 have gotten replies. :confused:

Good Luck guys!

--------------

But I'm considering Bristol over Warwick. Don't know whether that's a good idea.. *sigh* :eek:

Its really weird how they do it, i mean i got an offer from warwick within almost 2 weeks of applying (i applied early though). I wouldnt say I was taht strong a candidate, i was predicted AAAA but my other grades werent like that. Maybe its just different for international students?

And about choosing Bristol over Warwick, I guess your reason for that is from a social point of view? For accounting and finance the "big three" are LSE, UCL and Warwick; so going to any one of those would be great for your career, although bristol is obviously also excellent uni :P Think im gonna put it as my insurance, mainly because its offer was lower than that of Warwick.
Reply 63
I'm afraid UCL does not have an Accounting and Finance course! The big three is actually LSE, Warwick and Bristol..
Reply 64
i have a feeling Warwick r going to dash out their offers in the next 2 weeks...
Reply 65
zima_01
i have a feeling Warwick r going to dash out their offers in the next 2 weeks...

What makes you think so? :p:
Reply 66
blurboy
I'm afraid UCL does not have an Accounting and Finance course! The big three is actually LSE, Warwick and Bristol..

Bristol's in the BIG 3?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow! i didn't know that, now i defo wanna go!
Reply 67
I got offer to study accounting and finance ABB at Lancaster, which is my first choice so v.happy!
i got offers for A and F
City: A and E BBB
Imperial: Busi Mang ABC
Durham: A and F AAC
Birmingham: BBB
Bristol: BBB
Queen Mary's: BBB Eco
Reply 69
My 18th b-day today so i decided to see if i have had any replies in the last couple days. Got a rejection from Bristol which was my 1st choice for A and F. Also got a conditional offer from Exeter (ABB).

Only have one left which has not been replied to and thats Accounting and Management at Bristol and considering its a small course with limited places i am pretty sure thats going to be a rejection.

For A and F:
Bristol: REJECTION
Exeter: ABB
UWE: 260 points
Bath: REJECTION

For commercial law;
UWE: 300 points

For A and M:
Bristol: ?
my offers shown below, anyone heard from Birmingham for A+F, I'm getting worried cos I really liked it there and I really want an offer!
Reply 71
My friend has gotten an from B'ham! His offer is BBC!
blurboy
My friend has gotten an from B'ham! His offer is BBC!

OMG!! They wanted ABB when I applied. Doubt if i'll get an offer now - maybe their going on non academic stuff? O well, probably going to Warwick anyway!!!
Reply 73
Hi everybody i know its quite abnormal but im predicted a 33 IB and am applying for Manchester any ideas what my chances are, i am an international student thank you very much for those who reply
Reply 74
I applied on the deadline 15th jan so far have got 4 replies

Uni of York.. ABB
Uni of Manchester for Management ABB
Uni of Bath AAB
Uni of Bradford CCC
LSE Sent
Warwick Sent

Predicted AAAA
O Levels(GCE O LEvels from pakistan) 9Az 1B 1C 1D
Note: in gce o level from cambridge here in pakistan highest grade is A. not A*
Reply 75
I want to apply to LSE, Warwick, Notts, Cass, for Management, Accounting and finance, Economics. I should get AABaa (Economics, Business Studies and Maths) this year, but during my gap year do these unis mind me retaking 1/2 maths units and doing history full A level giving my potentially AAAA(Maths, Economics, History and Business Studies). Considering I got three of the alevls in 2 years???
Reply 76
By the way, how is edinburgh for accounting? It seems that it is seldom mentioned in conversations involving universities that are good in accounting. I am currently choosing between durham and edinburgh, can anybody provide me with opinions since i've not been down to either of 'em.

Latest