The Student Room Group

Film/Television/Video production offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Saturnas
Thank you for your advice, but I really want to do film/tv production course:smile:

Thats cool, I guess it doesn't do any harm really but it will not help you in anyway.
Reply 41
Original post by Burtonity
omegosh mine's at 11:50!! yerh i feel more prepared now that i've had my AUCB one

i've got an outfit in mind and just so you can recognize me i've got long black, straight hair!

have u filled out that 'details of submitted portfolio' form thing?

I was the one who'd lost their portfolio. Good start. Still, I think my interview went okay, how'd it go for you?
Reply 42
Original post by Gamistar
I was the one who'd lost their portfolio. Good start. Still, I think my interview went okay, how'd it go for you?

ohhh hey yerh we met!! i was wearing the red-ish jacket LOL! went good with me too, do you know how long till we hear back from them?
Original post by KimC
Thats cool, I guess it doesn't do any harm really but it will not help you in anyway.

May I ask what experience/expertise you have to back up this statement? I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but you haven't given any reason as to why you have said this and so I'm curious.
Southampton Solent for Television and video production - conditional

Middlesex Univeristy for Television production - Conditional

University of Bedfordshire for Television Production - Conditional

I only had to go for an interview at Southampton Solent which was pretty easy. But middlesex had offered me based on ''support agreed for my disability'' which is stupid as im only diabetic D: Lol
Reply 45
ohhh hey yerh we met!! i was wearing the red-ish jacket LOL! went good with me too, do you know how long till we hear back from them?

Aha! I thought that might be you!
I was hoping you'd know, I forgot to ask >.<

Oh, and LCC just got back to me asking me to attend an interview on the 15th, has anyone else been contacted?
Reply 46
Ah, spoke too soon. Just got an e-mail from track, Westminster turned me down. Fail.
Reply 47
Ah, spoke too soon. Just got an e-mail from track, Westminster turned me down. Fail.

aw damn! i still havent got anything from westminster yet since the interview, might hear back next week then and nothing from LCC either but well done on getting an interview from them, lots of people still ain't heard back from them!
Reply 48
Original post by KimC
Can I give you a peice of advice? Don't do a film and TV course. Go out and do a traineeship now, get a job cable bashing or as a runner. Film School is a total waste of time anyone who is working in the industry will tell you that. If anything a degree in film and TV will go against you.

I agree with curators, tbh.

This is not the time or the place to be commenting on a thread like this; where the majority of participants have spent the last few months putting everything they can into this degree choice.

Also can I ask what grounds of experience you stand on which give you the right to assert your opinion in this way? Just curious about how you have gained such an accomplished insight.
Hi there, I run a company called Unmissable and I need someone with great experience in media/film/journalism to help us interview a few clients for testimonials and video them for us. It will be a paid job of course. We want 3 clients interviewed (2 mins video) and 3 of our winners interviewed (2 mins) so should be about 2 days work depending on where the winners are based (clients are all in London). Would anyone be interested in working with us on this? It's for a company video we are putting together and we want it to be pretty cool/arty and contemporary.

If you could contact me by email or on 0207 720 6228 as soon as possible please.
Reply 50
AUCB - Film Production (4 yr course) - Conditional offer (BCC)

Westminster - Film & TV Production - Conditional offer (ABB)

UCLan - Film Production - Conditional offer (BCC)

UCA - Film Production - Invitation for interview

LCC - Film Production - not heard anything yet =/
Reply 51
Hey guys. I got an email last week from bournemouth, since im not from UK they said i prolly wont need to come for a interview. However they wrote that I should send them my portfolio my the end of March. I allready have some examples of my work but I feel that it can be not enough. So my question is - do you think it will be ok if I wait for the deadline and by that time make some more videos/scripts or should i just send them what I have right now just in case they might reject me till the end of march? And allso, how does your portfolio look? You have all types of work or just some of them? They told me I could send video clips/short 5min clips allso photograph portfolio (which i dont have), scripts and some academic writen work. Right now i just have some short clips and scripts, will that be enough? Thank you for your help;]
Reply 52
:]
I've got conditional offers from Cumbria (which is my firm), Teesside and Bedfordshire.
I simply withdrew from York and Kings College London.

Good luck, guys :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Kestis
Hey guys. I got an email last week from bournemouth, since im not from UK they said i prolly wont need to come for a interview. However they wrote that I should send them my portfolio my the end of March. I allready have some examples of my work but I feel that it can be not enough. So my question is - do you think it will be ok if I wait for the deadline and by that time make some more videos/scripts or should i just send them what I have right now just in case they might reject me till the end of march? And allso, how does your portfolio look? You have all types of work or just some of them? They told me I could send video clips/short 5min clips allso photograph portfolio (which i dont have), scripts and some academic writen work. Right now i just have some short clips and scripts, will that be enough? Thank you for your help;]

heyia! i would email admissions and ask them if there is a specific deadline rather than just "end of march"

but i would spend at least till the end of february getting some more things together if u dont think that what you have is enough.

the showreel is the most important part of your portfolio so make sure you include a big variety of things and it's not over 5 minutes. like, for my showreel i included clips from 3 of my short films, 1 trailer and 30 seconds worth of small shots i did over the christmas holidays but they weren't part of a film - just to add to it.

for ur portfolio send in - about 2 scripts, storyboards (they love storyboards!), concept art if u have any (it's more helpful to go through visual stuff than lots of written stuff) and maybe research of ur favourite director and how he influenced u and if u have time, put a small photography folio together (20 photos should be fine)

did u get the portfolio guideline thing? it's very vague but it's on their website and i tried to base my portfolio around that.

good luck!
Reply 54
heyia! i would email admissions and ask them if there is a specific deadline rather than just "end of march"

but i would spend at least till the end of february getting some more things together if u dont think that what you have is enough.

the showreel is the most important part of your portfolio so make sure you include a big variety of things and it's not over 5 minutes. like, for my showreel i included clips from 3 of my short films, 1 trailer and 30 seconds worth of small shots i did over the christmas holidays but they weren't part of a film - just to add to it.

for ur portfolio send in - about 2 scripts, storyboards (they love storyboards!), concept art if u have any (it's more helpful to go through visual stuff than lots of written stuff) and maybe research of ur favourite director and how he influenced u and if u have time, put a small photography folio together (20 photos should be fine)

did u get the portfolio guideline thing? it's very vague but it's on their website and i tried to base my portfolio around that.

good luck!

thanks for your help! Really appreciate it:smile: I did not get portfolio guideline I will go on their website and look into it right now
Reply 55
aw damn! i still havent got anything from westminster yet since the interview, might hear back next week then and nothing from LCC either but well done on getting an interview from them, lots of people still ain't heard back from them!

If you haven't heard back yet could be good news! :smile:

Has no-one else at all heard back from LCC? I have an interview next tuesday so there must be other people told to go that day...
Reply 56
Original post by Kestis
thanks for your help! Really appreciate it:smile: I did not get portfolio guideline I will go on their website and look into it right now

no problems :smile:

here it is just in case u can't find it haha

http://www.aucb.ac.uk/pdf/FilmPortfolioGuide.pdf
Reply 57
If you haven't heard back yet could be good news! :smile:

Has no-one else at all heard back from LCC? I have an interview next tuesday so there must be other people told to go that day...

nope! just got a track notification telling me i was unsuccessful but i wasn't called for an interview or anything. and to be honest it's a little weird because about 2 months ago LCC asked for a copy of my passport and now they reject me without seeing my work =/

they must have blacklisted me as some sort of illegal immigrant or something LOL

oh well, im not bothered! Good luck on your interview though!
Reply 58
What, without even looking at your work or anything? That's just stupid! >.<
Reply 59
Have my interview for Westminister in 2 weeks for BA Television. So nervous but excited now I've read all your posts about it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending