The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Guys,

I've got an interview for UCLAN on the 4th April...proper nervous even for the fitness test haha

have any of yous done the fitness test??? Whats it like
hi there,

just wondering those who have had their interview with UCLAN, could you please give me any tips or types of questions they ask? my interview it on the 21st of april :-/
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anyone had an interview at :

- Uclan
- Edge Hill
- Coventry
- Swansea
- Liverpool John Moores
- Sheffield Hallam ?!

If so would verry much appreciate if you could tell me what to expect, what sort of questions, how hard the fitness test was etc....

Got interviews soon!
Also, how long did it take for you all to hear back from the universitites ? Iv only had one offer for an interview so far and i sent off my application 2 months ago..

What experience has everyone got aswell ?
:confused: Does anyone know what the 'group discussion' consists of ?
Reply 25
Original post by starsteph1993
Also, how long did it take for you all to hear back from the universitites ? Iv only had one offer for an interview so far and i sent off my application 2 months ago..

Join in in the Paramedic Science 2011 thread. There are lots of students like you and I who have applied and are in process of receiving interviews. The link is : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35008052
Reply 26
Has anyone had an interview at :

- Uclan
- Edge Hill
- Coventry
- Swansea
- Liverpool John Moores
- Sheffield Hallam ?!

If so would verry much appreciate if you could tell me what to expect, what sort of questions, how hard the fitness test was etc....

Got interviews soon!

I've had interviews for Swansea and Coventry.
Swansea was individual interviews, Coventry was a literacy test, group discussion and fitness test.
Questions for Swansea are the standard ones; role of a paramedic, understanding of the ambulance service, experiences, etc...
Fitness test isn't too hard. It consists of squats (easy), a grip strength test (easy as long as you've got upper body strength - only one person failed and she was about 4ft tall and had arms like matchsticks) and a bleep test which isn't too bad as long as you're already quite fit. Quite a few people failed on the bleep test.

Good luck for your interviews! :smile:
Reply 27

Each university is different. Some get back to you quickly with an interview date, others like to leave it for what seems to be ages. Just be patient. I found that last year even when I had an interview in November I didn't hear anything back until about April which is VERY frustrating.

Experience I have - I work for a private ambulance company doing event first aid work and patient transport services. I'm also a qualified medicine counter assistant and work in a pharmacy. I volunteer at a care home for the elderly. I'm a Sergeant in the Air Training Corps so have responsibility over lots of younger cadets. I've also just joined GWAS as a community first responder so hopefully that will give me a really good insight into front line NHS work. I've been out out several observation shifts with paramedics and hopefully have some more coming up soon!

How about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
:confused: Does anyone know what the 'group discussion' consists of ?

It consists of a group of people sat around discussing topics given by one of the admission tutors. Just make sure you're not shy and don't be afraid to interrupt someone to get your point across. Think before you speak and make sure you know about changes in the ambulance service, how you would deal with situations, patient confidentiality, etc...

Good luck.
Anyone know anything about what to expect at

- Edge Hill
- Sheffield Hallam
- Coventry
- Swansea
- Liverpool JM
- UCLAN ?!

- Uclan - Group talk followed by fitness test (step test) followed by individual interview if you pass fitness. Fitness test harder than at Edge Hill even though its the same one
- Edge Hill - Fitness test (step test) followed by individual interview if you pass. At the end of the interview they give you a scenario to talk through.
- Coventry - No idea sorry
- Swansea - Group talk followed by individual interview. No fitness test.
- Liverpool John Moores - Group talk followed by individual interview. If you pass these and get an offer you do a fitness test (step test).
- Sheffield Hallam - Essay, team test (CPR for 20 mins when I did it), observation test off a video and a presentation.

Hope that helps.
Anyone hear that was offered a place....

what experience did you have that you talked about at your interview ?

thanks
Reply 32
Hi, im applying this year, could any of you give me an idea what to expect in interview, LJMU is one of my top choices
Reply 33
Original post by Jodielm93
ive had one in staffordshire lasted about 30 minutes.
got one for JMU & UCLAN Too.
anyone know recently asked questions...?:smile:

Is there any assesment or fitness test? what questions were u asked?
Hi, did you have an interview at ljmu? If so did you have to give a presentation to panel during interview
does anyone know what the fitness test consists of?
Reply 36
Ive got an interview for JMU on Wednesday, can you help me in what to expect? Cannot sleep I'm so nervous. Haha. Just to confirm they have scrapped the fitness test haven't they?Also whats the numeracy test like? Had some practice ones for nursing and they were ok but not sure if they use the same. Ive only applied to JMU so it all rests on this! Arghhhh haha x

Original post by Jodielm93
Whens the next LJMU interview?

Latest