The Student Room Group

DELETE

delete
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Maybe this is the beginning of the end.

don't worry I have been rejected from 4 different banks.

Join the long list of unemployed students....MUAHAHAHAHA
Reply 2
Original post by orangeboy
I have applied for three Royal bank of Scotland jobs, filled in the basic online application form and a questionnaire. A few minutes later I get an email saying I have been successful and I must ring them soon as possible for a telephone interview lasting 20-30 minutes.

"The next stage of your application will involve a telephone interview. This will take between 20 - 30 minutes, so please ensure you have this time available and you call from a suitable location (i.e. quiet, with no distractions).

Applications are progressed on a first come, first served basis therefore prompt action is advisable to avoid disappointment. "

I need to ring them asap basically but I can't do it today because I do not feel prepared at all. I find this very strange, I mean, aren't employers supposed to ring their applicants first? Just a bit confused about this.

Yeah you have to ring them! I rang them last week coz I thought it was just to book an appointment for a telephone interview but the woman was like "so we can start the interview now yeah?" and I had to decline coz I was due to go to work 10mins later.
Reply 3
Omg wouldn't even bloody bother if I was you. I went through a whole excrutiating telephone interview a while back then the stupid woman didn't even get back to me to tell me whether I'd been successfull or not!
Reply 4
Original post by orangeboy
Yeah, I rang them the other day as I thought I had to book a telephone interview, but she wanted to do it there and then. I declined because I didn't feel prepared at all. Not sure whether bother to ring them back now and prepare for this?

I didn't bother ringing them back after that lol. I would love to know what the telephone interview entails though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending