The Student Room Group

AQA Business Unit 3 (BUSS3) 24th Jan!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rkedgley
I used ROCE, Gearing and Current Ratio.

I used ROCE, Gearing and Net Profit Margin due to the question asking Profitability, no?
Reply 81
I didint use any ratios at all...what did you guys evaluate with those ratios?
Reply 82
I only used current ratio why i dont know, then talked about the operating profit and revenue in comparison, and then other info which isnt particularly finance related but due to expansion, will i get any marks at all?

Also using only 2 paragraphs of numerical data, would that not be good enough??????
(edited 13 years ago)
Did any of you notice it said "Numerical" data and NOT "Financial ratios", therefore you could talk about any data in the tables. :smile:

Except for one of my ideas in Q4 I was tight on time and argued that using products for the chinese would go against traditional values. I thought I did ok. :smile:
Original post by Luke20
It said "Access" didnt it? meaning both sides?

i cant remember
Reply 85
The ROCE for 2005 was -9.24% the figure was 2010 i calculated to be massive in comparison. What did everyone else get? I said this proved that part of the objective was met.
Reply 86
For unit 3, you have to give both sides to any question, especially 2 and 3.
gearing was 50% at the end of 2010 you could right loads of negative things about that and there was poor quality as mentioned in the case study and defective products were 7.5% which is 2.5% more than in the uk and in my conclusion i wrote how it is difficult to compare as the uk may have got better in 2010 so info is not entirely accurate for comparisons because its a bit like apple comparing profits now compared to windows in 1995 so you know its kinda : /
Reply 88
I messed up SO badly, mainly on the last question, I had literally no time and hardly did anything for it! :frown:
Original post by kjdanii
The ROCE for 2005 was -9.24% the figure was 2010 i calculated to be massive in comparison. What did everyone else get? I said this proved that part of the objective was met.

I got 20-something for the ROCE in 2010 I think.
what grade bounderies are we thinking?
Reply 91
Original post by Swimmer
I didint use any ratios at all...what did you guys evaluate with those ratios?

Me neither
Reply 92
Original post by kjdanii

I came out with 29% ROCE for 2010, so the profitability objective was met.
Reply 93
Original post by annoyingorange28

Be lucky to get a D!:s-smilie:
Reply 94
Original post by annoyingorange28

10/80 for an E

12/80 for a D

13/80 for a C

17/80 for a B

20/80 for an A
did it tell you to do ratios? it said NUMERICAL data. They want to be specific with me I'll be specific back. :smile:
Original post by jdh12345
10/80 for an E

12/80 for a D

13/80 for a C

17/80 for a B

20/80 for an A

Yay! :woo:

:tongue:
Original post by jaydemikaela
Yay! :woo:

:tongue:

lol.
Reply 98
What did everyone put for question 2?, i found that difficult
Original post by jdh12345
What did everyone put for question 2?, i found that difficult

I found that quite hard. I said it wasn't a good way of resolving the dispute because he lost his highly skilled workforce and they were a great asset to the business because they make high quality handmade goods so they should be more labour intensive. And that if he'd used works councils/arbitration he may not be facing the problems with quality that he has now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending