The Student Room Group

How promising is an interview?

I've applied for Primary Education at Edinburgh, Manchester met, sheffield and huddersfield. The latter two rejected me, and the first has given me an interview on the 24th of febuary (which I hope isn't so late there are selective amount of places yet). I'm still waiting to hear from manchester, and I'm feeling sick with worry. Edinburgh was my first choice and I'm delighted to get an interview, but its still scary having no back ups.
Reply 1
I think all universities say how early an interview is doesn't reflect how much of a chance you have at getting an offer, which should be true. Just remember, if you have an interview, they like how you sound on paper, just go for more of the same as in the PS and you should be fine.
Varies between unis. Some will give you a fair chance of an offer, others no difference, and some (such as my Manchester one) pretty much guaranteed an offer! (We were all told by the admissions tutor our offer will pretty much be made on the day and only about 3 people won't, and that's only if they majorly screwed up)
Reply 3
thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending