The Student Room Group

ocr g542 psychology 19/1/11

Scroll to see replies

The questions on section B were a bit dogdy but other than that, it was a good exam :biggrin:
Reply 41
Samuel and Bryant section b

bit sneaky putting snapshot studies there, as not much emphasis was placed on it it on the AS part. I knew snapshot stuff from A2.
Original post by Deyn_08
Samuel and Bryant section b

bit sneaky putting snapshot studies there, as not much emphasis was placed on it it on the AS part. I knew snapshot stuff from A2.

i didn't think it was that sneaky i was dead sure that it was either going to be snapshot, longitudinal or self report. I agree knowing A2 helped me with snapshot stuff too :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by ambermhammond
i wrote how id change to a longitudinal and id use the 5 year olds and test them once a year on the tasks then use there results for comparisons as opposed to those of another child who's elder. something about demand characteristics and fatigue as well. how about you?

I used Loftus and Palmer, and I said I'd use real life car crash victims (Yeah I know it's unethical, but I explained that in the implimentations question), and used a load of various people rather than students.

Problem is I written most of the implimentation stuff on the wrong question.
That's 8 x 2 marks down for me...

And yeah I laughed a bit on the first question, but it was more of a 'This is easy, so it must be damn hard later on.'
Reply 44
i didn't think it was that sneaky i was dead sure that it was either going to be snapshot, longitudinal or self report. I agree knowing A2 helped me with snapshot stuff too :smile:

Ive never heard of a snapshot study at all! Not even in A2 so far :/ It threw me a bit but hopefully not too much! I sort of guessed it was the opposite to a longitudinal study :/ so swapped the strengths and weaknesses about a bit :biggrin:
Original post by Popey93
Ive never heard of a snapshot study at all! Not even in A2 so far :/ It threw me a bit but hopefully not too much! I sort of guessed it was the opposite to a longitudinal study :/ so swapped the strengths and weaknesses about a bit :biggrin:

Have you not Been taught about them? You will probably be fine then cos that's pretty much all it is :smile:
Original post by kelvinmiu
I used Loftus and Palmer, and I said I'd use real life car crash victims (Yeah I know it's unethical, but I explained that in the implimentations question), and used a load of various people rather than students.

Problem is I written most of the implimentation stuff on the wrong question.
That's 8 x 2 marks down for me...

And yeah I laughed a bit on the first question, but it was more of a 'This is easy, so it must be damn hard later on.'

I doubt they will give you less marks for it as I'm sure they only do that in A2 so just don't do it their. Ahh do not fret my teachers an examiner and she says you can't be penalised for repeating yourself :smile: I just thought it was such a stupid question, grr I just hate OCR there so rubbish sometimes
Reply 47
Have you not Been taught about them? You will probably be fine then cos that's pretty much all it is :smile:

Nope, not been taught them at all :frown: but im glad my guess was pretty much on the dot! :cool:
Original post by Popey93
Nope, not been taught them at all :frown: but im glad my guess was pretty much on the dot! :cool:

Thats really bad you're meant to know what they are if you want to teach yourself i reccomend OCR books for example OCR A2 G544 approaches and methods in psychology there are several books in the series but that ones good for strengths and weaknesses, outlines and examples of the methods :smile: yeah your lucky with your guess really, xx
Reply 49
Thats really bad you're meant to know what they are if you want to teach yourself i reccomend OCR books for example OCR A2 G544 approaches and methods in psychology there are several books in the series but that ones good for strengths and weaknesses, outlines and examples of the methods :smile: yeah your lucky with your guess really, xx

Probably a bit late for G544 now, but i think im going to look into it for the summer exam! dont want to be caught unawares like that again! :rolleyes:
Thanks!:biggrin:
Original post by Popey93
Probably a bit late for G544 now, but i think im going to look into it for the summer exam! dont want to be caught unawares like that again! :rolleyes:
Thanks!:biggrin:

You never know it could come up in section b :frown: how you feeling for that one, ok ? I hate summer exam so much to remember
Reply 51
You never know it could come up in section b :frown: how you feeling for that one, ok ? I hate summer exam so much to remember

Hmm, not a fan of section B at all! Depending on what its based on, depends on the outcome I fear :frown: Some things I get and can do, but i have trouble knowing what to write for others! But generally i feel quite relaxed about it at the minute, but theres about 2 weeks to go! haha!

Dreading the summer exam already! I am rubbish at remembering things! Its going to be torture.
Original post by Popey93
Hmm, not a fan of section B at all! Depending on what its based on, depends on the outcome I fear :frown: Some things I get and can do, but i have trouble knowing what to write for others! But generally i feel quite relaxed about it at the minute, but theres about 2 weeks to go! haha!

Dreading the summer exam already! I am rubbish at remembering things! Its going to be torture.

yeah me neither i hate section B its so boring and i always feel like i'm repeating myself, section A is good though :smile: I know the summer exam will be awful! Just so much to remember :s-smilie:
Reply 53
Sooo, How did we do? :smile:
Original post by Popey93
Sooo, How did we do? :smile:

Resit results? Very happy with mine, I got an A :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by jaydee_besos
Resit results? Very happy with mine, I got an A :biggrin:

Yaay! Well done! :biggrin:
I got an A too. Very pleasantly suprised :colondollar:
An A :woo:.
Reply 57
got a B

NEVAR DOING THIS ****E AGEN
Reply 58
Original post by Popey93
Yaay! Well done! :biggrin:
I got an A too. Very pleasantly suprised :colondollar:

What were the 2 approaches that came up in section c, social and?

and the 3 in section b?

It would be really helpful! thankss!
Reply 59
Original post by jessplease
What were the 2 approaches that came up in section c, social and?

and the 3 in section b?

It would be really helpful! thankss!

If youre asking about the jan one (Which I presume being in this thread...) Then Section B was about snapshot studies and section C had the Social approach (The one I did) and I think the other one was Individual differences. Not 100% though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending