The Student Room Group

ocr g542 psychology 19/1/11

hows revision going and what approaches do you guys think are going to come up tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so nobody is doing this exam on here?
I am but i have no idea what going to come up.
Reply 3
I am doing this too, I have done some past papers, and it seems the questions are getting sillier each year. For example, I can't exactly remember but for Section A it was literally asking for tiny detail for the Reicher and Haslam study.

Also, so far the Sperry or Maguire studies did't come up, for section B so might do!

I am dreading Section A and B :frown:
Original post by Xannny
I am doing this too, I have done some past papers, and it seems the questions are getting sillier each year. For example, I can't exactly remember but for Section A it was literally asking for tiny detail for the Reicher and Haslam study.

Also, so far the Sperry or Maguire studies did't come up, for section B so might do!

I am dreading Section A and B :frown:

I hate Sperry and Maguire lol.
Original post by Xannny
For example, I can't exactly remember but for Section A it was literally asking for tiny detail for the Reicher and Haslam study.

I'm not doing this exam, but I remember that question from last year. It was asking 'what is meant by the term' tyranny'?', which was just ridiculously infuriating seeing as I'd spent the night before revising the whole Reicher and Haslam study and yet, all they wanted to know was the little 2-line definition at the top of the study booklet that you could be forgiven for having overlooked (which I did). :redface:
Reply 6
i hate this

having to learn 15 studies

its torture, no wonder not much people do it.
Reply 7
Anyone know what is going to come up?
and this is the resit youre talking about yeah?
Reply 8
Yeah its probably sperry/maguire/Reicher&haslam. How have you guys (if you have) revised for this ?
Reply 9
yoiu know what section c's on?
Reply 10
my tutor keeps telling me it's probably on Cognitive or devlopmental. But thats only through process of elimination !
Reply 11
Original post by joe.
my tutor keeps telling me it's probably on Cognitive or devlopmental. But thats only through process of elimination !

I thought Social too and Developmental.

Bound to be 2 of those 3!

:biggrin:
Reply 12
I hope it's not social :/ Have no memory of Piliavin Or Reicher and Haslam... I'd ace Milgram tho !
Reply 13
i really want loftus to come up!!
Reply 14
Original post by lfc4lyf
i really want loftus to come up!!

Loftus last came up in Jan 2010, so maybe unlikely:frown:

I wouldn't mind Loftus, Milgram, Piliavin!
Reply 15
so you know sec b what studies are most likely to come up?
Reply 16
Reicher/maguire/Sperry As they havent come up before
Reply 17
Original post by lfc4lyf
so you know sec b what studies are most likely to come up?

The guy before said sperry/maguire/Reicher&haslam and they didnt come up in Jan 09, Jun 09 Jan 10

anyone remember what came up last June?
Reply 18
Original post by Benpaa
The guy before said sperry/maguire/Reicher&haslam and they didnt come up in Jan 09, Jun 09 Jan 10

anyone remember what came up last June?

Savage and Rumbaugh - Pygmy chimps
Freud - Little Hans
Thigpen and Clekley - Eve White/Eve Black
Reply 19
So its bound to be 1 of those 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending