The Student Room Group

UCAS: Civil engineering or engineering based course

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cool_beans1993
oh ok cool...i guess we should hear from them soon then as the interview things are done...was the place nice?

Well the tests finish march 16th or something, so you've got a while, yeah it's pretty nice, they've got all the stuff they need but it doesn't look too pretty
Original post by Smile...
Did you take anything with you to the drawing test

Nope, gave me a pencil, rubber and sharpener and A3 sheet, everyone gets the same
Reply 42
Who has got an offer for civil engineering or engineering based course?
What Uni? (Anyone got one from City University?)
Are you Male or Female??

Just Curious:smile::biggrin:

I've currently got offers from Bristol, Warwick and Imperial, for Eng. Design, General Engineering and Aerospace respectively.

And I'm male. :smile:

_Kar.
Original post by Killsworth
Well the tests finish march 16th or something, so you've got a while, yeah it's pretty nice, they've got all the stuff they need but it doesn't look too pretty

oh damnn thats long lol
are u putting city as a firm choice?
I have an interview for civil engineering on Thursday at Liverpool :eek:.
oh damnn thats long lol
are u putting city as a firm choice?

Loughborough or Cardiff as my firm and Surrey hopefully as my insurance
city is there just in case i seriously somehow dislike surrey
Loughborough or Cardiff as my firm and Surrey hopefully as my insurance
city is there just in case i seriously somehow dislike surrey

I've got an offer from Surrey but I never went to an open day, what was bad about it?
Original post by minicuckoo
I've got an offer from Surrey but I never went to an open day, what was bad about it?

I said city is there if i somehow dislike surrey, meaning I havent been to the visit day they sent me yet, but i think i'm going to like surrey more
Reply 48
Nope, gave me a pencil, rubber and sharpener and A3 sheet, everyone gets the same

Is dress code smart or can you wear jeans since its informal...Also did the tutors speak to you? and did they ask any questions on your Personal Statement???
Is dress code smart or can you wear jeans since its informal...Also did the tutors speak to you? and did they ask any questions on your Personal Statement???

It's informal, wear whatever you like :smile: and they didnt speak 1 on 1, they were just answering questions :smile: no PS questions
Reply 50
Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University :biggrin:
It's informal, wear whatever you like :smile: and they didnt speak 1 on 1, they were just answering questions :smile: no PS questions

this is for the sketching interview thing yh?...i got asked to come to that but i live out of the country so i had to change my course to just civil eng instead of with architecture....
this is for the sketching interview thing yh?...i got asked to come to that but i live out of the country so i had to change my course to just civil eng instead of with architecture....

yeah, well, no need to go visit then, sorted :smile:
Reply 53

Thanks, just making sure.....i got my drawing test tomorrow u c
Reply 54
Got my offer from Nottingham on 1st February. Was waiting for Warwick, City, and Surrey until 25th, when I finally chose to decline the others and pick Notts as my firm.
Original post by BoroGrecian
currently studying HNC in Marine Engineering with looking to taking it up a BEng in Mechanical Engineering at Exeter or BEng Marine Technology at Plymouth

Oh and female :smile:

Hi, i have an offer this year to study marine and composite technology at plymouth this year.

Quick Reply

Latest