The Student Room Group

Change in subject...

Hi, I recently sent my application off to ucas with my personal statement aimed towards the contsruction management course. At the last minute I decided to remove one of my choices and changed it for building studies which is the lower course to construction management in case I dont get my points.

So now basically I have 4 applications for construction management and 1 for building studies that will let me progress onto construction management, but my worry is that because I have gone on about construction management so much on my personal statement I wont get accepted for building studies as I havent said anything about that in it or that Im interested in it? Although its low points and I already have the points needed for that course?

Some help would be needed to rest my mind.. Will the uni realise that its a progression on to the higher course?

Thanks in advance..
Reply 1
Original post by AshC89
Hi, I recently sent my application off to ucas with my personal statement aimed towards the contsruction management course. At the last minute I decided to remove one of my choices and changed it for building studies which is the lower course to construction management in case I dont get my points.

So now basically I have 4 applications for construction management and 1 for building studies that will let me progress onto construction management, but my worry is that because I have gone on about construction management so much on my personal statement I wont get accepted for building studies as I havent said anything about that in it or that Im interested in it? Although its low points and I already have the points needed for that course?

Some help would be needed to rest my mind.. Will the uni realise that its a progression on to the higher course?

Thanks in advance..

It depends really on what you've written in your personal statement and how relevant it is to the building studies course. There must be links between building and construction so it might not matter :smile: but there's nothing anyone can say to put your mind at ease until you hear back from the university! The fact that you've got the grades already might act in your favour and and aid their decision, and it also depends on how competitive the course is but just wait and see. That's all you can do. And besides, you've got four other options. You'll be okay :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jthlm
It depends really on what you've written in your personal statement and how relevant it is to the building studies course. There must be links between building and construction so it might not matter :smile: but there's nothing anyone can say to put your mind at ease until you hear back from the university! The fact that you've got the grades already might act in your favour and and aid their decision, and it also depends on how competitive the course is but just wait and see. That's all you can do. And besides, you've got four other options. You'll be okay :smile:

Thanks.. seems like im waiting forever and Ive only been waiting two weeks ha!
Reply 3
Original post by AshC89
Thanks.. seems like im waiting forever and Ive only been waiting two weeks ha!

Haha, tell me about it. I've heard back from two universities in three months...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending