The Student Room Group

Awful back pain!! HELP!?

So... I woke up this morning with a slight pain in my back - I thought the best idea would be to stretch - BAD IDEA!! I can hardly walk, stand up straight or even LIE DOWN without feeling like I'm going to collapse in a painful heap!! It's quite a dull pain in my lower back - best way to describe it would be like a clamp on my spine! :eek: The original pain could have been from me dancing like an absolute lunatic and/or sitting in a funny position for a while last night.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of it?? I've used freeze gel and taken painkillers but it still really hurts!
Reply 1
I get bad back pain when i stand up for long periods of time, its really annoying when i am volunteering in the hospital as you cant sit down in the wards in front of the medical stff as it looks bad. Also, i once had it for 1 week after my first rugby training section, my advice, see the doctor.

I suggest vicks vapour rub....
Reply 2
Sounds kinda tailboneish - have you bashed your tailbone at some point? Either that or a trapped nerve....
Reply 3
Deep heat works wonders... either that or Tiger Balm
Reply 4
i used to get pain in my lower back when working in a kitchen. i'm quite tall and spending 5 hours arching over a sink wasn't so good for my spine! i found it helpful to lie on the floor and hug my knees to my chest for a few minutes. i wouldnt recommend doing this if it causes more pain tho! see an osteopath (bone doctor)
Cx

Latest

Trending

Trending