The Student Room Group

7 month relationship ended via text

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
He obviously had no balls if he couldn't break up in person. No balls, get it? Anyway, i'm not joking. Screw that bitch. You'll be alright OP, bit of a downer for now. You found out the harsh way but you still found out: he isn't worth it.

I guess not, but I just hate he'll be with someone else soon, and memories with them will be made, whilst what we had will be forgotten and it was genuinely fantastic.

The sad thing is, picking all my UCAS choices, I checked the distance from his house and travel arrangements, a fool I am.
My boyfriend just ended a seven month relationship over text, after knowing each other for just under a year and being together for a little over seven months.

The reasons were:
Because I go clubbing, i'm now 18,- but i've been 3 times since the start ofn December,- not exactly alot.
Because I'm selfish,- i'm not comfortable with my sexuality and don't like kissing him in public often or holding hands, which I've said from the start, yet most days I still do kiss in public once or twice, but I really hate it,- why do I want to force my sexuality down the throats of others.
Because of "other guys",- which there are none of.

I feel so empty right now, lost and confused, sick and ****. I don't understand, i've never spent so much time, money or effort with anyone. He, until two days ago, was so full on.

Does anyone else think this is cold?

He sounds like a hmar (donkey in Arabic...educating you people, educating!)

Move on, you will find someone better. You DESERVE someone better.
Looking for a rebound?
Reply 23

I'd say he needs to grow a pair and man up.. How can it not be done in person? I don't get it. Sounds like you'd be better off without him anyway. Sorry love :/
Reply 24
Original post by massivecock9"
Looking for a rebound?

AHAHAHA!
Maybe :')
rofl.
Youre not a fool OP, youre a teenager. We all do it :love:
Reply 26
Original post by Pheebs1201
Youre not a fool OP, youre a teenager. We all do it :love:

Look's like the North now looks even more grey and colder than what it is :')
AHAHAHA!
Maybe :')
rofl.

From my user name, I quite clearly have a tiny penis. Would you still 'maybe' be interested?

:mob:
Look's like the North now looks even more grey and colder than what it is :')

I chose all mine to be near my boyfriend (max 4 hours away) so I understand :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by massivecock9"
From my user name, I quite clearly have a tiny penis. Would you still 'maybe' be interested?

:mob:

Not on the Student Room ahahaha, thanks though
my boyfriend and i only contact through texting and not phoning when we're apart. i tried to phone him to talk about us and initiate a break up. but he seemed more comfortable with texting. he seemed okay enough as it wasn't a simple text, i explained through a series of them how i felt and we could both put her points across.
but if it was a simple cold text and isn't what he usually does, you're better off.
Damn that's harsh! Those all sound like crap reasons to dump someone too.

Anyway, you are better off without him. :smile:
mabe the 'other guys' is referring to him?
Not on the Student Room ahahaha, thanks though

Maybe PM me your number and we can chat?
Reply 34
Original post by Boristhethird
mabe the 'other guys' is referring to him?

Nono, apparently I speak to models which caused his anorexia,- when I spoke to one guy, who did modelling once, for about ten seconds about uni on Facebook.
And he had weight issues before I met him :s-smilie:
rofl, silly boy.

He is "not interested in anyone else"
Reply 35
My 4 and a half year relationship ended by text. In an 'online' and technology dependent world I don't really see the big issue personally...and it would be far worse to get upset and angry to their face (in my opinion), at least you can be a little more dignified and calm down before you confront them.

His reasons are pretty lame. I'm guessing he is younger and can't go out drinking with you yet? He probably resents that you can.
I don't see how being against public displays of affection is remotely selfish!? Not everyone needs to show off their love and relationship in public, and he should respect that.
If you're upset and angry then talk to him calmly about it. Don't get angry and shout at him because it won't get you anywhere. I reckon he has just got cold feet to be honest... let him stew, he might realise what he's missing soon enough.
We all get dumped sometime sweetie. My ex dumped me on msn while I was out of the country. That was bad enough, by text is not on! But don't worry, it may hurt now, but it will get better. I promise :smile:

Plenty of guys out there that will deserve you.

Look forward to Uni, join the LBGT society and have a ball, or three!! :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by doodle7
My 4 and a half year relationship ended by text. In an 'online' and technology dependent world I don't really see the big issue personally...and it would be far worse to get upset and angry to their face (in my opinion), at least you can be a little more dignified and calm down before you confront them.

His reasons are pretty lame. I'm guessing he is younger and can't go out drinking with you yet? He probably resents that you can.
I don't see how being against public displays of affection is remotely selfish!? Not everyone needs to show off their love and relationship in public, and he should respect that.
If you're upset and angry then talk to him calmly about it. Don't get angry and shout at him because it won't get you anywhere. I reckon he has just got cold feet to be honest... let him stew, he might realise what he's missing soon enough.

I think you are right, he did this before, as in before we got together, saying how he "loved" me but it wouldn't work out for XYZ, after a week of him none stop crying, which I assume he is now, he wanted me back and we got together.
It's like, he has so many issues, from physical body ones, to "mental" problems, and I accepted all those and dealt with it.
:l
selfish really.
Totally sucks, but don't blame yourself. Talk to him about it when and if you want too! Otherwise, try and pick yourself up, spend lots of time with friends and just look after yourself :smile:

Because I'm selfish,- i'm not comfortable with my sexuality and don't like kissing him in public often or holding hands, which I've said from the start, yet most days I still do kiss in public once or twice, but I really hate it,- why do I want to force my sexuality down the throats of others.

While I do agree that it was harsh of him, and you should just try to forget about it and move on, I will say one thing. What I have quoted above. It isn't about forcing your sexuality down the throats of others. Its about not be embarrassed by your partner and showing your love for them.
While I'm not gay, so it may be a little different, I know if my gf acted that cold in public I'd be a bit wary about how much she is into me. I know its silly, but he was probably thinking you were embarrassed by him etc.

The sad thing is, picking all my UCAS choices, I checked the distance from his house and travel arrangements, a fool I am.

Tbh thats a little silly no matter what. My gf does want to go to a uni close to me, but I'm not the only reason. And a couple that she has chosen would be a royal pain in the backside to get to. Choose your unis based on what you want. Relationships can easily end (as you have found out), your education is for life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending