The Student Room Group

A little advice on interviews

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here so be kind :tongue:.

I have recieved interviews from both Leeds and Manchester Universities to study Geology.

I plan on wearing a suit to the interviews in the hope that it will make a good impression. I will be doing my research on my chosen course, and also on the University in question as a whole. I will also research currant events relating to my chosen degree to furthur display my intrest in the subject.

I hate to ask this but does me getting an interview mean I'm close to recieving an offer?
First of all, good luck in your interview. With regards to your question, it's difficult to say. They could be interviewing you to see if you're suitable for their course or, as has been seen on here, to give you a reduced offer.
Reply 2
Thanks for the quick reply, it's much appriciated!

The letter from Manchester states that they will usually give a verbal offer (which will be confirmed through UCAS) at the end of the interview.

I think they want to interview me since I do not have the traditional A-level educational background. I am currantly studying an Access to HE: Science diploma.
Reply 3
Many interviews are simply excuse to get you te look around the university, as statistics show that if you look around then you are more likely to accept their offer. This is why southampton let me opt out of my interview if I say that I have attended an open day. Check your interview letter/email carefully, they usually state if you are guaranteed an offer upon attendance or not.
hey, I have recieved an interview request from Oxford Brookes, but they said it can be done via Skype, as I'm in Poland- that's kind of them is it not.?
but I'm unsure about this, what should I expect.? also I don't have a webcam, so is this very bad then.? quite nervous about it, but I haven't replied them yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending