The Student Room Group

gap year, can i resit twice, help?

hi, im currently on a gap year and need 40 ucas points. so im resitting psychology, but if i fail the exam, can i redo it in the summer to try and attain those 40 points again? thank you.
Reply 1
i think you can only do an exam 3 times. so if you've done it twice, and this is your third time, i'm pretty sure you can't re-sit again i.e. i've done S1 for the third time so whatever i get, i can't re-sit in the summer. if this isn't your third time then i don't see why not.
Reply 2
Original post by sagskay
i think you can only do an exam 3 times. so if you've done it twice, and this is your third time, i'm pretty sure you can't re-sit again i.e. i've done S1 for the third time so whatever i get, i can't re-sit in the summer. if this isn't your third time then i don't see why not.

this will only be my second time doing the exam, but its the fact that the ive already submitted my ucas application with only my jan resit as pending, if i fail (e.g get an E). how will the uni know im planning to do it again in summer?
Reply 3
Original post by XM10
this will only be my second time doing the exam, but its the fact that the ive already submitted my ucas application with only my jan resit as pending, if i fail (e.g get an E). how will the uni know im planning to do it again in summer?

They don't but universities don't find out about your grades till august so by then they'll know your overall grade for psychology, not your individual modular grades in jan/June
Reply 4
No i phoned up OCR and they told me i can resist as much as i want.
Original post by sagskay

Original post by XM10
hi, im currently on a gap year and need 40 ucas points. so im resitting psychology, but if i fail the exam, can i redo it in the summer to try and attain those 40 points again? thank you.

I am doing what you are doing so just do the exams but make sure you sorted out where you are doing the resists, and your UCI number should be given to the centre
Reply 5
oh ok, so the university cant reject me if i fail the january exams? (plan to redo in summer). this is what i need assurance about. thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by XM10
oh ok, so the university cant reject me if i fail the january exams? (plan to redo in summer). this is what i need assurance about. thanks

Most uni don't care about your older repeats, normally the the module with the higher grade is taken in for the overall result. Once you obtain offers from your unis and you flopped the retake in January, retook it once again in June and got a higher mark; then your overall grade is increased allowing you to meet the offer.....
So yeah they don't give a sh*t about your failed January exams (apart from Cambridge and Oxford)
Reply 7
You can resit as much as you like, it's more money for them....
Reply 8
You can resit again you just have to inform the unis and univeristies with which you have offers.

Quick Reply

Latest