The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:angry:
Original post by vahik92
wtf! the guy asks if thats ok or no , in muslim family that is not ok, in an atheist family perhaps! same with culture!

now u tell me, which part of my message is against common sense, huh?

As an atheist and I do not find it okay. Didn't mohammed marry a 9 year old?
Reply 21
Original post by llb_ant
yeh sorry but if i was use to sex on a regular basic, i dont think i could go 2 years! just ****ing :biggrin:, i would need sex from time to time, but im the guy that goes for girls my age, so i dont need to worry.... but thats me

Yeah I thought the same, you'd give in after a month tbh, either that or OP should get some respect for actually caring enough about the girl to feel he can wait.
Not saying it's right, but he's got a bit more morality than the 20 year old guys who shagged 14 year olds at my old school randomely and gave them drink and fags.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm 17 and I'm going out with a 14 year old girl. Before you judge me have a little read; I have cheated before because I have based relationships on sex rather than emotion and allowed myself to become this heartless player. I don't intend on doing anything sexual with my girlfriend until she is 16 and I reckon we will be together till then; the relationship is completely based on emotion and I think that is good for me.

I have told my girl best friend and boy best friend about my relationship and they agree with me. I am scared that if I made it public then people would absolutely rip into me.

What do you guys think? Is it really that bad? :s-smilie:

You are by definition a pedophile. Well done, does that make you feel good? As emotionally ready as she may seem to you - dude, she's 14. When I was 14 I still liked metal and went around sniffing poppers and thinking I was the dogs *******s. You change so much through your teenage years - don't take them away from her, she has a lot to learn and grow before she knows whether she'd ready for an adult/sexual relationship. Her parents will hardly be happy and I'd be surprised if yours were! You'll be going to university soon - what's the point of putting all this stress on your life?
Original post by vahik92
no, not at all, i was just bringing examples to him about the possibilites of how cultural or religious things can affect the question the OP asked. i got angry for his words, for talking nonsense. all that i said was examples that are quite possible, but nothing specifically or generally

I was not 'talking nonsense' you brainwashed ****stick. The idea that it's inherently wrong for someone aged 17 to be with someone aged 14 in this country is arbitrary cultural crap. It's only because we have so many morons like you in the world that it's necessary for laws to be so ****ing rigid. Every case should be judged individually, there are plenty 14 year olds that are fully matured sexually and just as mature mentally as the average 18 year old.

Oh, and **** your prophet, disgusting human being that he was.

Original post by AskMeAnything
You are by definition a pedophile.

Hahaha. And you are, by definition, an ignorant ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
You are by definition a pedophile. Well done, does that make you feel good? As emotionally ready as she may seem to you - dude, she's 14. When I was 14 I still liked metal and went around sniffing poppers and thinking I was the dogs *******s. You change so much through your teenage years - don't take them away from her, she has a lot to learn and grow before she knows whether she'd ready for an adult/sexual relationship. Her parents will hardly be happy and I'd be surprised if yours were! You'll be going to university soon - what's the point of putting all this stress on your life?

He/She speaks sense ^^
Reply 25
kl
Reply 26
Original post by DaveSmith99
:angry:

As an atheist and I do not find it okay. Didn't mohammed marry a 9 year old?

look - i did not say thats the way generally, i was bringing examples! as an atheist you dont find it ok, my neighbours do. mohammed married a 9 year old, my next neighbours are against their daughter marrying until 18 because they think its against the religion.

isnt this possible? of course it is. was i wrong to say culture/religion can matter? from the above examples, no.

so what does everybody want from me??????? it was just a suggestion that ive made for the guy to think about!!!!
Reply 27
awww at the catt :biggrin:
Reply 28
At first I just thought 'meh, your lives, get on with it, don't hurt anyone.'

Then I remembered my sister's about to turn 14 :angry:

Rational?
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm 17 and I'm going out with a 14 year old girl. Before you judge me have a little read; I have cheated before because I have based relationships on sex rather than emotion and allowed myself to become this heartless player. I don't intend on doing anything sexual with my girlfriend until she is 16 and I reckon we will be together till then; the relationship is completely based on emotion and I think that is good for me.

I have told my girl best friend and boy best friend about my relationship and they agree with me. I am scared that if I made it public then people would absolutely rip into me.

What do you guys think? Is it really that bad? :s-smilie:

i think you can do better, start looking for a girl around your age
Reply 30
You's are all blowing this wayyy out of proportion.

Firstly the OP just said he wasnt in a sexual relationship with her. The law is that he cannot have sexual relations , doesn't mean he cant go out with her.

3 years is not a big difference . My dad is 8 years older than my mum.

You need to get yourself out of the 1800's and get a grip.
I had a boyfriend when i was 14 who was 16 and we never did anything.

The OP meant they got along well and they are having a good time being together.. not that they are going to run off and get married.

sheesh.
Reply 31
Original post by Dec S 92
My sisters 14 and the thought of anyone in my year dating her makes my stomach turn, its wrong somone who is 14 is a child !

Funny thing is, this would be legal in Spain. So he is a paedo here but in Spain he isn't... (if he sleeps with her I mean)
Reply 32
Well, if OP is able to keep this above-waist untill she's 15, then I don't see too much of a problem unless he cheats or she does, because none of us can be sure how mature either of them are, that's up to OP.
And anyhoo in some European countries, tha age of consent is as low as 12-13, but I guess that's irrelevant.

...also, going off-topic, what's the magical difference between 16 and a few days before? I know someone (who was 17, same as OP) who almost got lynched for having sex with a 15-year old a month or so-ish before her birthday. But I'm guessing that's not as bad as what's going on here.
Reply 33
Original post by concubine
I was not 'talking nonsense' you brainwashed ****stick. The idea that it's inherently wrong for someone aged 17 to be with someone aged 14 in this country is arbitrary cultural crap. It's only because we have so many morons like you in the world that it's necessary for laws to be so ****ing rigid. Every case should be judged individually, there are plenty 14 year olds that are fully matured sexually and just as mature mentally as the average 18 year old.

Oh, and **** your prophet, disgusting human being that he was.

Hahaha. And you are, by definition, an ignorant ****.

"The idea that it's inherently wrong for someone aged 17 to be with someone aged 14 in this country is arbitrary cultural crap"

what the hell are you talking about you idiot? f you! you're almost insulting all of the british people! yeh,, ok, EVERY british parents encourage their daughters to be with someone aged 17. its fabulous, its amazing, its fantastic.

the point is that every family is different and if you read the last quote i wrote, you can see my clear examples of it!

and yeh, i am a future lawyer,, and what are you? an idiot that hasnt got a job that doesnt know wot to do - thus just trying to insult others on the internet,, knowing nobody will know who you are and knowing you wouldnt be able to say what you are saying on the internet standing in front of people? is this all you are?

EVERYTHING I SAID HAS A CLEAR LOGICAL MEANING AND NOTHING THAT I SAID IS AGAINST THE COMMON SENSE OR HAS AN ELEMENT OF BEING WRONG. THIS IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO TELL YOU YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR INSULTING FOR SOMETHING THAT ISNT WRONG, THUS GIVING ME THE SCOPE TO INSULT YOU BACK SO **** YOU!
Reply 34
Dude, she's so underage she's doing the limbo.
Reply 35

Surely each case should be judged differently? I mean, I personally know 14 year olds that are more mature than half of my fellow sixth-formers; and you may do too. Granted, they're not a majority, but shouldn't we give OP a chance?
He has said that it's not sexual.
...to be honest, I wasn't even interested in that kind of a relationship when I was 14, along with many of my friends, both female and male. Maybe OP's girlfriend is similar.
Original post by vahik92
"The idea that it's inherently wrong for someone aged 17 to be with someone aged 14 in this country is arbitrary cultural crap"

what the hell are you talking about you idiot? f you! you're almost insulting all of the british people! yeh,, ok, EVERY british parents encourage their daughters to be with someone aged 17. its fabulous, its amazing, its fantastic.

the point is that every family is different and if you read the last quote i wrote, you can see my clear examples of it!

and yeh, i am a future lawyer,, and what are you? an idiot that hasnt got a job that doesnt know wot to do - thus just trying to insult others on the internet,, knowing nobody will know who you are and knowing you wouldnt be able to say what you are saying on the internet standing in front of people? is this all you are?

EVERYTHING I SAID HAS A CLEAR LOGICAL MEANING AND NOTHING THAT I SAID IS AGAINST THE COMMON SENSE OR HAS AN ELEMENT OF BEING WRONG. THIS IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO TELL YOU YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR INSULTING FOR SOMETHING THAT ISNT WRONG, THUS GIVING ME THE SCOPE TO INSULT YOU BACK SO **** YOU!

Hahaha. ****ing me 1, you 0.

Seems I have supporters too. RADICAL.
Reply 37
Like **** are you gonna wait 2 years.
Reply 38
If she's recently turned 14 then you have a problem. If shes turning 15 and you've recently turned 17 it's not _so bad_
Reply 39
Original post by LouKat
You's are all blowing this wayyy out of proportion.

3 years is not a big difference . My dad is 8 years older than my mum.

You need to get yourself out of the 1800's and get a grip.
I had a boyfriend when i was 14 who was 16 and we never did anything.

sheesh.

Your dad might be 8 years older than your mum but the difference is that they're adults. As an example, if your dad is 48 and your mum is 40, there's nothing wrong with that. I doubt they met at a young age like the one here when it would have strange to see such a big age gap anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong but although the difference between 16 and 14 doesn't seem any different to the situation we're talking about here, at 16 you can still be at school in year 11. At 17 you're almost certainly going to be at college or working and this girl is in what, year 9?! There is something seriously wrong with the thought of that.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending