The Student Room Group

M1 aqa how did it go!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How did everyone find this paper?
For the projectile question, I got time to be something like 1.30 seconds (Something like that... I really can't remember) and then the angle turned out to be 32.9 degrees below the horizontal is what I think I got.

Did anyone get 225 or so degrees as a bearing for the other question? I can't remember which one it is, but that number seems stuck in my head.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Signed Solution
For the projectile question, I got time to be something like 1.79 (Something like that... I really can't remember) and then the angle turned out to be 30something degrees below the horizontal is what I got.

Did anyone get 225 or so degrees as a bearing for the other question? I can't remember which one it is, but that number seems stuck in my head.

they didnt ask for any bearings?
Reply 23
Original post by Signed Solution
For the projectile question, I got time to be something like 1.79 (Something like that... I really can't remember) and then the angle turned out to be 30something degrees below the horizontal is what I got.

There was a question on bearings? o_O

I can't remember what time I got for that now :frown:
Reply 24
Original post by NinjaRikki
did anyone after getting 4.47 or something for the resultant velicity get 4.47 seconds for it to cross river?

Erm... I think I got 5.0s :s-smilie: I worked out the distance of XY before dividing it by the velocity but I wasn't sure if it was right or not...
Much harder than the past papers!
Reply 26
Original post by Azwozzle
There was a question on bearings? o_O

I can't remember what time I got for that now :frown:

There was no question on bearings. You had to find angles, but not bearings.
Reply 27
Original post by kerb123
There was no question on bearings. You had to find angles, but not bearings.

yeah there was no bearing for definate but there was two questions i believe that asked for an angle.
Reply 28
Original post by Azwozzle
Erm... I think I got 5.0s :s-smilie: I worked out the distance of XY before dividing it by the velocity but I wasn't sure if it was right or not...

didnt we work the resultant to be 4.47 then it asked how fast would it take to cross river.

the river was 20m across so we do 20/4.47 which = 4.47
Reply 29
didnt we work the resultant to be 4.47 then it asked how fast would it take to cross river.

the river was 20m across so we do 20/4.47 which = 4.47

It was 5s.
The total distance travelled (diagonally) was around 22.35, divide that by 4.47 and you get 5.
Or simply 20m divided by 4.
Reply 30
What did you get for the time at 5ms-1? And what did you get for the speed at which hit hits the targert?
Reply 31
Oooo, I got 5s for the time it took to cross the river too, but I thought that I was wrong at the time, since it would take 5s to cross it without the water moving. It was actually 5.0000 and then some numbers, but I just put 5s.
Reply 32
Original post by kerb123
It was 5s.
The total distance travelled (diagonally) was around 22.35, divide that by 4.47 and you get 5.
Or simply 20m divided by 4.

how did u get 22.35 ?

it said 20 on the diagram and we calculated that the resultant was 4/47 ms^-1

so it was 4.47s to cross over as we do 20/4.47
i got answers but i can't remember.... fairly sure they weren't correct lol, yer the 5ms one was really weird
Reply 34

But if it travels by the resultant that isn't 20m. The resultant was diagonal to the north east. It didn't actually travel the straight line that was 20m due to the water pushing it to the right, if this makes any sense.
Reply 35
Does anybody remember the pulley question with all the figures on it?
Reply 36
Did anyone put North West for one of the questions?? I forgot how the full question went along. Also how did you the last question.. bloody waste of time that was! lol
Reply 37
I got North-West for the position vector question.

The question with the pulley was a bit nasty because the angle wasn't to the ground, so instead of 4Sin30 it was 4Sin60 or something like that.
Reply 38
Original post by Gawge
I got North-West for the position vector question.

The question with the pulley was a bit nasty because the angle wasn't to the ground, so instead of 4Sin30 it was 4Sin60 or something like that.

yh it was north west because :

-I = J so NW
Reply 39
yeah it was 17.5 as it stated the TIME not TIMES

and the other time was -2.5 and everyone knows you cannot get a -ve time :s-smilie:

I am so dumb! I got two times, negative and positive one, the positive one was 2.5 sec.....!!!

so i stated that the time was 2.5, while very1 in my college said time was 17.5 :O:O:O

And worst thing is, I checked my answer twice :frown:

6 marks!!! :frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending