The Student Room Group

Current RVC students -- how is your course like?

I'd like to find out a bit more about the Uni life at RVC from someone who is currently a student there and what you think of the course. I'd like to know what a typical day is like for you and whether you like living in London, what kind of things a typical vet student can get up to there, etc.

I've been to the open days and feel the facilities are excellent and have shadowed a postgrad there but would like to know a bit more about the university because I heard one student hated it there for the first 3 years but loved it for the last 2 years so I know there are mixed responses...:smile:
Reply 1
Everyones gonna be different :p:

For me living in London isn't *ideal*, but it definately has been a good experience that I'm glad I've had!!! Had I not gone to the RVC I would never have lived in London....I've been able to do lots of things here that I wouldnt have had the opportunity to otherwise (gigs/ nights out/ sight seeing/ new year fireworks etc!)

That said, I'm definately a country person and miss the freedom of my car! But at the end of the day its only 2 years in London, then I can live in the country! (and 2 years goes super fast!!!!)

Hawkshead has been through some MAJOR redevelopment at the minute and I know theres more planned, so I am looking forward to getting out there and using all the amazing equipment!

Also, the shuttle bus from potters bar station/ tescos/ furzefield leisure centre has had a new timetable making it much easier to get around...and its free! So there really is no need to drive to lectures when youre in Hawkshead = no parking issues!! Though I know some sort of development of a new car park is on the cards

Typical day is a couple of lectures (generally start at 9/10 am...9am first years/ 10am second years and vice versa)...then maybe a practical or two a week....and a DL (group tasks done in groups of 6) a week...its hard to say since our time table changes every week :smile: Sometimes we're busier than others! Like yesterday we had 4 lectures....today only 2...and tomorrow 1 plus a dissection and a lab practical!

We always get Wednesday afternoons off for sports :yep: Theres lots of societies you can join

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending