The Student Room Group

Court Shoes.....

Hi,

Today I found some nice court shoes that I thought would look really nice for the summer but i'm always disappointed because I find that if they don't have a strap around the front of the foot, my feet just slip out of them so I can't walk, even if they are quite low heels!

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/topline-detail-court_211033983?icSort=%2BsortDisplayPrice

Does anyone else have this problem and found a way to stop them sliding off? I tried on a size smaller which were tight but they still slid off but I always see girls wearing shoes without straps on the front and they don't seem to have a problem :s-smilie:
have you tried these things?
never used them personally but my housemate does...

http://www.scholl.com/en-GB/Scholl-Party-Feet-Invisible-Gel-Heel-Shields/10031191/ProductDetail.raction
Reply 2
I have the same problem. I too use the heel shields pixie lottie has mentioned, but they dont make much difference. I normally get cramp in my toes from trying to keep them on! :tongue: I just always buy shoes with straps now, Clarks and Next do some nice ones.
I've had the same problem for years, until I visited a wonderful shop called Jimmy Choo, whose court shoes fit me in a 3.5 whereas in high street shoes, I'm a 5!!!!

I have the opinion that you get what you pay for, generally, with shoes. Ill fitting shoes will usually be cheaper shoes. Though, some brands just don't fit your feet - but you won't know unless you try several different brands and see if some fit better than others.
I'm now currently saving up for a pair of Jimmy Choo courts, because they're the only pair I've ever found that fit (without a strap).

My other heels are Vivienne Westwoods, but they've got 3 ankle straps!

So yeah, try more brands of shoes, and if you can, save up for high quality real leather shoes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
You definitely get what you pay for. I only have Dune courts but they stay on really well and I have quite narrow shallow feet...so those are a high street alternative to the Jimmy Choos Ilora-Danon mentioned.
Reply 5
try Office, they have the nicest shoes and they have a 75% off sale now :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by tbm
I have the same problem. I too use the heel shields pixie lottie has mentioned, but they dont make much difference. I normally get cramp in my toes from trying to keep them on! :tongue: I just always buy shoes with straps now, Clarks and Next do some nice ones.

Original post by FBPS
try Office, they have the nicest shoes and they have a 75% off sale now :biggrin:

:smile: Thanks. I want some pretty summery shoes that will look nice with dresses. I don't have loads of money to spend at the moment though because I only work part-time so that's why I looked at Newlook but I haven't seen any summery strappy ones :frown:

I'm not bothered about high quality, I won't wear them that much.
Original post by Linzikins
I'm not bothered about high quality, I won't wear them that much.
Then don't expect them to fit! :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Then don't expect them to fit! :tongue:

I think any court shoe will slip off and I meant in general, even with straps. I only get one pair of expensive shoes then buy new cheaper ones every season then I can have lots of shoes rather than one pair for £200! :rolleyes: :smile:

Aslong as they don't fall apart then they are fine.
I think any court shoe will slip off and I meant in general, even with straps. I only get one pair of expensive shoes then buy new cheaper ones every season then I can have lots of shoes rather than one pair for £200! :rolleyes: :smile:

Aslong as they don't fall apart then they are fine.
Yeah that's fair enough... but you were complaining that court shoes slip off - and generally, that's because they're cheap.

Basically, you've either got to go for quality over quantity, or go for a higher quantity of ill-fitting shoes and then put up with the fact that you've bought ill-fitting shoes.

I know which I'd rather have, which is why I'm not on here complaining about ill fitting shoes and you are. :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Yeah that's fair enough... but you were complaining that court shoes slip off - and generally, that's because they're cheap.

Basically, you've either got to go for quality over quantity, or go for a higher quantity of ill-fitting shoes and then put up with the fact that you've bought ill-fitting shoes.

I know which I'd rather have, which is why I'm not on here complaining about ill fitting shoes and you are. :wink:

Even Irregular choice courts slip off for me and they are not exactly cheap, other girls don't seem to have a problem with "cheap shoes" and that's what I was asking.
Even Irregular choice courts slip off for me and they are not exactly cheap, other girls don't seem to have a problem with "cheap shoes" and that's what I was asking.
I asked the exact same question to the lady in the Jimmy Choo shop (as I've always had the same problem) and she said that most girls literally just put up with it and learn to walk (incorrectly) in badly fitting shoes - such as scrunching toes up, letting the heel slip on and off and buying lots of insoles/inserts.
Hi, just came across you comment as I too am close to slinging my court shoes, not cheap I have to add, across the office any second now!!!
I think the reason why alot of court shoes slip on me is I dont have the slim, bony ankle that alot of girls have (who I envy by the way) to did in the back of the shoe to hold them in place. I have bought untold pairs, different brands, different prices and quite honestly have decided I have crap shaped feet/ankles that just cant hold the buggers on. I think even if I bought Jimmy Choo;s (would rather go on holiday) they would still come off.
I think I now know why Mary Jane's were invented!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending