The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 2 - Chemistry in Action 20/1/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HurdyGurdySwede
I'd have thought the more probable product is Mg(OH)2 as the magnesium was already burning and the oxygen from water is harder to react with than the oxygen in the surrounding air, already being used.

That could probably get the mark too.
Reply 61
The actual IUPAC systematic name of the initial CFC was:

1-chloro-1,1,1-trifluoromaethane.

which is what the examiners prefer.
Reply 62
Original post by aj2010

Original post by aj2010
ooops, so got that wrong then. :s-smilie:

Reply 63
I thought it was an amazing unit 2 paper!! much easier than other ones ive done but then again maybe because i nailed Revision for this one!!!!! what did everyone put for the question about why MR graph against bond enthalpy is a straight line ??
Reply 64
Original post by amarp

Original post by amarp

You don't have to put the 1's in as it is ONLY methane.... (1 carbon) therefore can't be anywhere else on the chain!! also don't worry if u dont put it alphabeticaly ... they dont penalise!
Reply 65
Original post by Vanny17
That's true. My friends said you needed to put the numbers as well so it should be 1chro 1,1,1 trifluromethane. :eek: I wrote what you wrote though

dont need numbers.. only a single carbon therefore cant be anywhere else in the chain(coz theres only 1!!)
Reply 66
Original post by nishma_1
Aww i put dilute ammonia :s...cos i thought its Cl thats souluble in dilute ammonia and F- no reaction...dno if im right tho....i absolutely hated that question....3 marks for each part...so 12 marks down the drain :frown:

nd the last ques i put potassium dichromate cos 1s a secondary alcohol and the others a tertiary..

wot did you get for BaCl2 + another compund which i cant remeber?

I dont see why you should not give a mark for reaction with concentrated ammonia.
I mean surely, if it reacts with dillute, it will react with concentrated as well and AgI does not react with either.
Reply 67
Original post by HJCROFT
dont need numbers.. only a single carbon therefore cant be anywhere else in the chain(coz theres only 1!!)

Thank goodness. I told them but they didn't believe me. Oh well.
Reply 68
Original post by Vanny17
What did everyone put for the reaction of magnesium not reacting with water to quench a fire or something like that?
I put that when water reacts with magnesium it forms hydrogen and hydrogen is inflammable

Yeah that what i wrote aswell...cos it produces magnesium hydroxide and hydrogen...and hydrogen is dangerous as it is imflammable/explosive.
Reply 69
Original post by nishma_1
Yeah that what i wrote aswell...cos it produces magnesium hydroxide and hydrogen...and hydrogen is dangerous as it is imflammable/explosive.

Yay! :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Vanny17
What did everyone put for the reaction of magnesium not reacting with water to quench a fire or something like that?
I put that when water reacts with magnesium it forms hydrogen and hydrogen is inflammable

Yeap pretty much put the same thing >:biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by maskedwo1f
Yeap pretty much put the same thing >:biggrin:

:five:
Reply 72
anyone need the unit 2 bio/ physics 2011 isa ?
i have marks scheme
in return for

UNIT TWO 2011 CHEM ISA ?

pm asap thanks
AQA
Original post by HJCROFT
You don't have to put the 1's in as it is ONLY methane.... (1 carbon) therefore can't be anywhere else on the chain!! also don't worry if u dont put it alphabeticaly ... they dont penalise!

super late, sorry, they penalised me on my summer unit2 one for not putting mine alphabetically :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by niharika.jha
super late, sorry, they penalised me on my summer unit2 one for not putting mine alphabetically :frown:

do you know where i can find the JUNE 2010 chem AQA paper please helpp!xx
Original post by xpolly123x
do you know where i can find the JUNE 2010 chem AQA paper please helpp!xx

hey i called my paper back from aqa, thats the only way i got it, but our teacher gave us a paper copy to revise from, so if you ask your school, you should be able to get a copy :smile: x
Reply 76
Original post by niharika.jha
hey i called my paper back from aqa, thats the only way i got it, but our teacher gave us a paper copy to revise from, so if you ask your school, you should be able to get a copy :smile: x

is there no way its already uploaded by someone anywhere, cause i ask teacher but shes useless and said she'll give it to me in a few weeks

please if anyone can help JUNE 10 BIO UNIT 2 or CHEM UNIT 2 AQA thanksx
Reply 77
hey anyone got chem 2 aqa - jan 2011 QP and MS?
really need it to revise!

if you have can you upload it here please..
many thanks xx
Cold someone please post the Unit 1 and 2 QP and MS for Jan 11 AQA Chemistry
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending